- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Laboratory Investigation on Construction Method of Geogrid Encased Stone Column
지오그리드 감쌈 Stone Column 제작 방안에 대한 실험적 연구
- Lee, Dae-Young (Geotechnical Engrg. Division, KICT.) ;
- Yoo, Chung-Sik (Dept. of Civil & Envir. Engrg, Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- Received : 2010.10.14
- Accepted : 2010.12.29
- Published : 2011.02.28
This paper presents the results of a laboratory investigation on construction method of geogrid encased stone column (GESC). In order to analyze effects of load carrying capacity and geogrid deformation characteristics of GESC, a series of medium scale unconfined compression tests with different overlay methods and reduced model tests were performed. The test results show that the method of overlap provides a simple and effective method of encasement construction. It is also found that geogrid encasement construction using method of overlap has important factor which can be applied to field tests. The geogrid encasement method related to effect of reinforcement is presented by laboratory test results.
- 이대영, 송아란, 유충식 (2006a), "지오그리드 보강 Stone Column 의 파괴메카니즘 및 지지력 특성-축소모형실험을 통한 고찰", 한국지반공학회논문집, 제22권 10호, pp.1078-1084.
- 이대영, 유충식, 박시삼, 이부락 (2006b), "지오그리드 보강 쇄석 기둥의 강도특성에 관한 실험적 연구", 한국지반공학회 가을학술발표회, pp.1078-1084.
- 유충식, 송아란, 김선빈, 이대영 (2007), "연약지반에 시공된 지오그리드 보강 쇄석기둥 공법의 유한요소 모델링", 한국지반공학회논문집, 제 23권 10호, pp.133-150.
- Alexiew, D., Horgan, G.J., and Brokemper, D. (2003), "Geotextile encased columns(GEC): load capacity & geotextile selection, Sweden", BGA International Conference on Foundation.
- Al-Joulani, M. (1995), "Laboratory and analytical investigation of sleeve reinforced stone columns", Ph.D. Thesis, Carleton University, Canada.
- Barksdale, R.D., and Bachus, R.C. (1983), "Design and construction of stone columns", U.S. Federal Highway Administration Report FHWA A/RD-83/026.
- Gneil. J and Bouassa, A. (2009), "Improvement of soft soils using geogrid encased stone columns", Geotextile and Geomembranes 27(3), pp.167-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geotexmem.2008.11.001
- Gniel, J. and Bouazza. A. (2010), "Construction of geogrid encased stone columns: A new proposal based on laboratory testing", Geotextile and Geomembranes 28, pp.108-118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geotexmem.2009.12.012
- Kempfert, H.G., Raithel, M. and Jaup, A. (1999), "Model tests for analysis of the bearing and deformation behaviour of column foundation", Geotechnical Engineering for Transportation Infrastructure, pp.1521-1526.
- Kempfert, H. G., Wallis, P., Raithel, M., Geduhn, M., and McClinton, R. G. (2002), "Reclaiming land with geotextile-encased columns", Geotechnical fabrics Report, Vol.20, No.6, pp.34-39.
- Murugesan, S., and Rajagopal, K. (2006), "Geosynthetic-encased stone column; Numerical evaluation", Geotextiles and Geomembranes, pp.349-358.
- Murugesan, S., and Rajagopal, K. (2007), "Model tests on geosyntheticencased stone columns", Gesynthetics International, Vol.14, No.6, pp.346-354. https://doi.org/10.1680/gein.2007.14.6.346
- Paul, A., and Ponomarjow, A. (2004), "The bearing behaviour of geogrid reinforced crushed stone columns in comparison to nonreinforced concrete pile foundations", EuroGeo3, pp.285-288.
- Raithel, M., and Kempfert, H. G. (2000), "Calculation models for dam foundations with and geotextile-coated sand columns", Proc., GeoEngineering 2000, Technomic, Melbourne, Australia.
- Trunk, G., Heerten, A., Poul, A., and Reuter, E. (2004), "Geogrid wrapped vibro stone columns", EuroGeo3, pp.289-294.
- Yoo, C. and Kim, S. B. (2009), "Numerical modeling of geosyntheticencased stone column", Gesynthetics International, Vol.16, No.3, pp.116-126. https://doi.org/10.1680/gein.2009.16.3.116