- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Determination of Upper Limit of Rail Pad Stiffness for Ballasted and Concrete Track of High-Speed Railway Considering Running Safety
주행 안전을 고려한 고속철도 자갈궤도 및 콘크리트궤도 레일패드의 강성 상한 결정
- Received : 2011.06.30
- Accepted : 2011.10.31
- Published : 2011.12.26
In this study, proposed is the methodology to determine the upper limit for stiffness of rail pad for the ballasted and concrete track in high-speed railway in the viewpoint of running safety, considering the dynamic characteristics of train and track and the operation environment. For the track irregularity, one of the most important input parameters for traintrack interaction analysis, the reference vertical track irregularity PSDs(power spectral densities) for the ballasted and concrete track in a wide range of frequencies were proposed based on those presented in France and Germany and that obtained from the measured data at Kyeong-Bu 1st phase high-speed railway line. Using these reference PSD models, the input data for the vertical track irregularity data were regenerated by random generation process, and then, the wheel load reduction rates according to the stiffness of the rail pads have been calculated by the train-track interaction analysis technique. Finally, by comparing the wheel load reduction rates calculated with the derailment criteria prescribed in the Korean standards for railway vehicle safety criteria, the upper limits for the stiffness of rail pad have been proposed.
Grant : 철도 구성품 환경성 향상기술 개발
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- X. Lei. and B. Zhang (2010) Influence of track stiffness distribution on vehicle and track interactions in track transition, Proc. IMechE Part F: J. Rail and Rapid Transit, Vol. 224, pp. 592-604.
- G.A. Hunt (2005) Review of the Effect of Track Stiffness on Track Performance, AEA Technology Rail, Rail Safety & Standards Board, Research Project T372.
- Z. Li, X. Zhao, R. Dollevoet and M. Molodova (2008) Differential wear and plastic deformation as causes of squat at track local stiffness change combined with other track short defects, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 46, Supplement, pp. 237-246. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110801935855
- C.-M. Kuo, C.-H. Huang, H.-L. Hsu (2007) The influence of fastener pad stiffness to the track vibration behavior, Proceedings of the 18th IASTED International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- A. Lopez Pita, P. F. Teixeira and F Robuste (2004) High speed and track deterioration: the role of vertical stiffness of the track, Proc. IMechE Part F: J. Rail and Rapid Transit, Vol. 218, pp. 31-40 https://doi.org/10.1243/095440904322804411
- S.C. Yang (2009) A Study on Relevant Replacement Period of Rail Faster for High-Speed Railway, Research Report, Korea Railway Research Institute, Korea Rail Network Authority (in Korean).
- Directive 96/48/EC (2008) Interoperability of the Trans-European High Speed Rail System Technical Specification for Interoperability 'Infrastructure' Sub-System, Official Journal of the European Union, EN.
- Standards for railway vehicle safety criteria (2008) Ministry of Land and Maritime of Korea (in Korean). (철도차량 안전기준에 관한 규칙(2008), 국토해양부령 제4호, 2008.03.14 일부개정, 국토해양부)
- S.C. Yang (2009) Enhancement of the finite-element method for the analysis of vertical train-track interactions, Proc. IMechE Part F: J. Rail and Rapid Transit, Vol.223, pp. 609-620. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544097JRRT285
- C. Onorii (2009) Mechanical Behavior of Traditional and Antivibration Railway Tracks with Recycled Rubber Materials, Doctoral thesis, Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli Federico II.
- ISO 3095 (2001) Railway applications - Acoustics - Measurement of noise emitted by railbound vehicles, International Organization of Standards (ISO).
- E.G. Berggren, M.X.D. Li, J. Spannar (2008) A new approach to the analysis and penetration of vertical track geometry quality and rail roughness, Wear, Vol. 265, pp. 1488-1496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.01.029
- C.Y. Yang (1986) Random Vibration of Structures, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- J.-T. Hwang, H.S. Lee (2007) A study on the parameters to enhance derailment safety, Journal of Korean Society for Railway, 10(5), pp. 626-631.
- Report of Investigation on Derailment Accidents (1973) Committee for Investigation on Derailment Accidents of Japan (in Japanese).
- UIC 518 - OR (2003) Testing and approval of railway vehicles from the point of view of their dynamic behavior - Safety - Track fatigue - Ride quality, 2nd edition, UIC code, International Union of Railway (UIC).
- S.C. Yang (2004) Study of effects of rail pad vertical stiffness by train/track interaction analysis, Proc. of 2004 Spring Annual Conference of the Korean Society for Railway.
- Comparison of Track Vibration Characteristics for Domestic Railway Tracks in the Aspect of Rolling Noise vol.16, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.2.085
- Investigation of the Maintenance Criteria for the Rail Surface Defects in High-Speed Railways vol.14, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.6.535
- Characteristics of Vibration and Sound Radiated from Rails of Concrete Slab Tracks for Domestic High Speed Trains vol.23, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.7.605