- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Deflection Limit based on Vibration Serviceability of Railway Bridges Considering the Correlation between Train Speed and Vertical Acceleration on Coach
열차의 주행속도와 차체연직가속도의 상관관계를 고려한 철도교량의 진동사용성 처짐 한계
- Received : 2011.05.20
- Accepted : 2011.11.14
- Published : 2011.12.26
In order to get dynamic serviceability of a train travelling on a railway bridge, comfort limits with the deflection of bridge and vertical acceleration on car body are proposed in Eurocode, Shinkansen design criteria, The design guideline of the Honam High-speed railway. The design guideline of the Honam High-speed railway has quoted Eurocode. Therefore it is expected that supplementation of comfort limit of railway bridge according to expansion of span length and the improvement traveling speed of trains in the future would relatively fall behind developed countries in railway. Therefore, in order to secure technological competitiveness in world market, the study was conducted to propose the deflection limit based on vibration serviceability of railway bridges that can consider bridge-train interaction and travelling speed increase. The parameter study and bridge-train dynamic interaction analysis was conducted to figure out the correlation of vertical acceleration on car body and bridge displacement according to the increase in travelling speed. Also, the trend of increasing vertical acceleration on car body according to the increase in travelling speed was confirmed, and the amplification coefficient of vertical acceleration on car body was suggested. And the deflection form and vibration of the bridge were assumed to be in harmonic motion, and transfer function and the amplification coefficient were used to develop the dynamic serviceability deflection limit of the high-speed railway bridge as a formula.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- M. Sogabe (2006) Research on Dynamic Design Method of Concrete Railway Bridges Corresponding to Speed-up of Train, Railway Technical Research Institute, Tokyo
- Railway Technical Research Institute (2006) Design Standards for Railway Structures and Commentary, Maruzen, Tokyo.
- British standard (2002) Eurodcode-Basis of structural design , British Standards Institution, Brussels.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2004) Korea Railway Bridge Design Specifications, Ministry of Construction and Transportation, Gwacheon.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2007) Design Manual of Honam High Speed Railway, Korea Rail Network Authority, Deajeon.
- B.G. Jeon, N.S. Kim, S.I. Kim (2010) Comfort Evaluation of Railway Bridge Vibration Using Bridge-Train Transfer Function, IABMAS2010 The Fifth International Conference on Bridge Maintenance Safety and Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- W.B. Bruggers (2002) Comfort Related Design of Railway Bridge, MS Thesis, Delft University of Technology.
- ERRI Specialists' Committee D214 (1999) Rail Bridges for Speed > 200 km/h Final report, European Rail Research Institute, ERRI D 214/RP 9.
- N. Zhang, H. Xia, W. Guo (2007) Vehicle-bridge Interaction Analysis under High-speed Trains, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 309(3-5), pp. 407-425.
- S.I. Kim (2000) Bridge-Train Interaction Analysis of High- Speed Railway Bridges, PhD Thesis, Seoul University.
- International Organization for Standardization (1997) Mechanical vibration and shock - Evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration, International Organization for Standardization, Switzerland.
- B.G. Jeon, N.S. Kim, S.I. Kim (2008) Estimation of Stiffness Limit for Railway Bridge Vibration Serviceability, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(5), pp. 489-498.
- Yonjung High-Speed Railway Bridge Assessment Using Output-Only Structural Health Monitoring Measurements under Train Speed Changing vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4869638