- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Parametric Study on the Reason and Control of Crack during the Construction of Pier in Urban Transit
도시철도 교각의 시공중 균열발생 원인과 제어방안을 위한 매개변수 연구
- 박성규 (대구대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2011.08.31
- Accepted : 2011.11.14
- Published : 2011.12.26
This paper is designed to propose methods to both analyze and control the reasons for cracks appearing during the construction of piers. For this aim, a numerical analysis was performed to identify the properties of crack which resulted from heat of hydration and differential drying shrinkage with the key influence factors considered. The results show that the thermal cracks occurred within a few days, and the drying shrinkage cracks within a few weeks. Meanwhile, settlement shrinkage cracks occurred within a few hours. Discussing the control methods based on the time of the cracks appearing, quality control, reduction of the unit quantity of cement, and the preservation of moisture on the surface are proposed as the realistic and effective methods for preventing settlement cracks, thermal cracks, and drying shrinkage cracks respectively.
- S.J. Song, S.G. Yoo, et al. (2009) A Study for Control of Thermal Cracking by Heat of Hydration in Subway Concrete Box Structure, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), pp. 1024-1029.
- Y.T. Kim, S.Ch. Kim (2004) Parametric Analysis on Construction Conditions to Control Thermal Cracks in Subway Concrete Structure, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 7(4), pp.312-318.
- W.T. Park (2006) A Study of the Thermal Analysis for the Crack Control of Underground Pier Footing, Journal of the Korea institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, 10(2), pp.91-101.
- Dankook University (1997) Evaluation and Control of Cracks in Reinforced Concrete Structures, Ministry of Construction and Transportation.
- S.W. Cha (2008) Assessment of Temperature and Shrinkage Cracks Risk by Computational Analysis, MIDAS Structure Technology Courses.
- Cook, R.D., Malkus, D.S., Plesha, M.E. (1988) Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, pp. 630.
- S.W. Cha (2008) Thermal Stresses of Roller Compacted Concrete Dam Considering Construction Sequence and Seasonal Temperature, Journal of the Korea Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 881-891.
- Y.J. Kang, et al. (2003) Midas Civil User's Manual, MIDAS Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Korea Concrete Institute (2009) Standards Code for Reinforced Concrete, pp.257-276.
- Comite Euro-International du Beton (1993) CEB-FIP Model Code 1990, pp. 68-69.
- K. Sakata, O. Kuramoto (1983) A study on moisture diffusion in drying shrinkage of concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 216-224.