- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analytical Study on the Effects of the Compensation Cant in case of Superimposition of Vertical and Horizontal Circular Curves
평면원곡선과 종곡선 경합시 보정캔트의 효과에 대한 해석적 연구
- 엄주환 (한국철도기술연구원 신교통연구본부) ;
- 최일윤 (한국철도기술연구원 신교통연구본부) ;
- 박찬경 (한국철도기술연구원 시험인증안전센터) ;
- 이성혁 (한국철도기술연구원 고속철도연구본부) ;
- 김은 (한국철도기술연구원 고속철도연구본부)
- Received : 2011.09.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.01
- Published : 2011.12.26
Superimposition of horizontal and vertical curves occurs frequently owing to geographical conditions. It may hamper train ride comfort and running safety and inflate maintenance costs. In this study, when the horizontal and vertical curves are superimposed, in order to analyze the effects of the compensation cant, the analytical study for running safety, ride comfort and track forces was performed in high speed line. From the analysis results, it was found that it is better to apply the compensation cant at superimposition part.
- J.H. Um, I.Y. Choi, S.C. Yang, I.H. Lee, et al (2010) Comparative Study on Ride Comfort and Optimum Horizontal Curve Conditions for Superimposition of Vertical and Horizontal Curve, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(6), pp 589-594.
- J.H. Um, S.C. Yang, E.K. Kim, I.Y. Choi, et.al. (2010) A study on evaluation method of ride comfort considering superimposition of vertical and horizontal curve, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(3), pp. 309-316.
- Technical Standard Research Committee for Civil Engineering, "Technical standard for railway(Civil Engineering Part), 2002
- Masaharu KUNIEDA(1972), Theoretical Study on the Mechanics of Overturn of Railway Rolling Stock, RTRI, N0 793.
- AEA Technology. VAMPIRE User Manual.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute Report (2009) "A study on determining the replacement cycle for rail fastening systems".
- UIC Code 518-OR (2005) "Testing and approval of railway vehicles from the point of view of their dynamic behaviour-Safety-Track fatigue-Ride quality", 3rd edition, International Union of Railway
- BSI, "BS EN 12299 Railway applications(2009)-Ride comfort for passengers-Measurement and evaluation".
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(2008), Railway construction standard.