- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Operational Issues for ICT-based On-Board Train Control System
ICT 기반 차상제어시스템 개발에 따른 운영 이슈 분석
- Received : 2011.07.26
- Accepted : 2011.11.29
- Published : 2011.12.26
In order to minimize the maintenance cost at local lines, Information & Communication Technology based onboard train control system is being developed. Unlike the central traffic control based fixed block system, this system use a moving block method and railway driver direct control switch and railway crossing. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the concerned main operational issues are as follows: the preparation of train operation, drivability, the role of driver and controller, block system and cost. We defined the role of driver and driver's input data for train service, and we designed the business process of driver using UML tool. We considered the aspect of drivability, DMI is needed to support the braking moment for the driver and driver training simulator. We designed the driver business process for control of switch and railway crossing. We analyzed the fixed block system and moving block system to confirm the difference with the existing operational method. The cost analysis structure is also needed for the operation cost comparison.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2010) Korea Railroad Statistics 2010.
- Korea Railroad Corporation (2009) Statistical Yearbook of Railroad 2009.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2011) Development of ICTbased technologies for safety and efficiency of railway operation, Project proposal report.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2011) A study on the Efficiency of conventional railway infrastructure maintenance.
- Y.K. Kim, Y.S. Byun (2002) European Rail Traffic Management System in the 21st century, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 5(4), pp. 16-24.
- J.H. Lee (2011) Trend and technology development of train control system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(2), pp. 6-15. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.6
- S. Abed (2010) European Rail Traffic Management System - An Overview, Iraq Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 6(2), pp. 172-179.
- S. Midya and R. Thottappillil (2008) An overview of electromagnetic compatibility challenges in European Rail Traffic Management System, Transportation Research Part C, 16, pp. 515-534. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2007.11.001
- C.R. Page (2001) ERTMS for Australia, The institution of Railway Signal Engineers.
- J.A. Koning (2002) Comparing the performance of ERTMS level2 fixed block and ERTMS level3 moving block signalling systems using simulation techniques, Computers in Railways VIII, 43-52.
- M. Abril, F. Barber, L. Ingolotti, M.A. Salido (2008) An assessment of railway capacity, Transportation Research Part E, 44, pp. 774-806. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2007.04.001
- B. Friman (2006) An algorithm for braking curve calculations in ERTMS train protection systems, Computers in Railways X, 88, pp. 421-429.
- D. Emery (2008) Enhanced ETCS_L3 train control system, Computers in Railways XI, 103, pp. 223-232.
- V. Ramdas, T. Bradbury, S. Denniss, D. Chapman, et al. (2010) ERTMS level 3 risks and benefits to UK railways, Transport Research Laboratory, Client project report CPR798.
- Y.H. Kim, W.S. Choi (2011) An operational issues analysis of ICT-based on-board train control system, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Hoengseong, Korea, pp. 198-203.
- Rail Safety and Standard Board (2004), Impact of the European Rail Traffic Management System on driver workload, Rail Safety and Standard Board, Early human factors analysis for UK-ERTMS driving(Final Version).
- B.Sc. Porter (2002) Implementing ERTMS in the UK: Human factors implications for train drivers, The 12th International Rail Safety Conference, Tokyo.
- Davin Kevin, et. al (2007), Feasibility of Head-up Displays in Driving Cabs, Final Report for Rail Safety and Standards Board.
- P. Deutsch, C. van der Moolen (2010) European rail traffic management system workshop ERTMS simulator, UIC ERTMS Training Programme 2010, Paris.
- Korea Railroad Corporation (2007), Train Operating Rule Book, pp. 72.
- On-site inspection and case study on the design of an on-board signaling device for the mixed operation of train control systems vol.7, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/22348972.2017.1348006
- Analysis of Return Current Effect for AF Non-insulated Track Circuit in ITX Vehicle Operation vol.62, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.4.584
- Laser Radar-Based Railroad Crossing Detection Device Developed for Crossing Security Device Integration vol.38C, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.5.471
- A Study on the Routing of Onboard Oriented Control System by Operation Scenario vol.2, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11142/jicems.2013.2.4.473
- Functional Testing of Level Crossing Obstruction Detecting System Using Laser Radar Sensor vol.39C, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.3.307
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis for Near Surface Transit Signal System vol.64, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2015.64.3.097
- Safety Security Method and Onboard Design for Inter-operation between CBTC, ATC Train Control System vol.10, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.8.875
- Feasibility Study of Improved Train Control System Using On-board Controller for Intelligent Control of Trackside Facilities vol.16, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.528