- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influence of the Thin Anode Geometry on the Performance of Molten Carbonate Fuel Cells
얇은 연료극 구조가 용융탄산염 연료전지 성능에 미치는 영향
- Seo, Dong-Ho (Center for Fuel Cell Reseach, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Dong-Nyeok (Center for Fuel Cell Reseach, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yoon, Sung-Pil (Center for Fuel Cell Reseach, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Han, Jong-Hee (Center for Fuel Cell Reseach, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Oh, In-Hwan (Center for Fuel Cell Reseach, Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- 서동호 (한국과학기술연구원 연료전지연구센터) ;
- 박동녘 (한국과학기술연구원 연료전지연구센터) ;
- 윤성필 (한국과학기술연구원 연료전지연구센터) ;
- 한종희 (한국과학기술연구원 연료전지연구센터) ;
- 오인환 (한국과학기술연구원 연료전지연구센터)
- Received : 2011.09.23
- Accepted : 2011.10.21
- Published : 2011.10.30
The Ni-Al anodes of the molten carbonate fuel cell (MCFC) with three different structures were successfully fabricated in order to reduce the thickness of the anode down to 0.3 mm; one was the non-supported anode made by a conventional tape casting method, and others were the supported anodes made by lamination or direct casting on the nickel screen. It was seen from the physical analyses and cell operation that the supported thin anodes made by direct casting showed good mechanical strength and cell performance because of a good contact between the anode materials and the support. The single cell using the above anode showed the cell voltage of 0.858 V at the current density of 150
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Techology Evalution and Planning (KETEP)
- A. Dick, A. Siddle, "Assessment of commercial prospects of molten carbonate fuel cells", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 86, 2000, p. 316. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(99)00449-8
- H. Morita, M. Kawase, Y. Mugikura, K. Asano, "Degradation mechanism of molten carbonate fuel cell based on long-term performace: Longterm operation by using bench-scale cell and post-test analysis of the cell", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 195, 2010, p. 6988. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.04.084
- C. Yuh, R. Jonsen, H. Farooque, H. Maru, "Status of carbonate fuel cell materials", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 56, 1995, p. 1. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7753(95)80001-W
- C. Yuh, J. Colpetzer, K. Dickson, M. Farooque, G. Xu, "Carbonate Fuel Cell Materials", Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2006, p. 457. https://doi.org/10.1361/105994906X117305
- J. Larminie, A. Dicks, "Fuel Cell Systems Explained", John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2003, pp. 187-207.
- E. R. Hwang, J. W. Park, Y. D. Kim, S. G. Kang, "Effect of alloying elements on the copper-base anode for molten carbonate fuel cells", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 69, 1997, p. 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(97)02566-4
- S. H. Lu, "Investigation of lithium ferrite as an alternate anode material in molten carbonate fuel cells", Journal of Electrochemcial Society, Vol. 142, No. 11, 1995, p. 3812. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2048418
- H. Devianto, S. P. Yoon, S. W. Nam, J. Han, T.-H. Lim, "The effect of a ceria coating on the H2S tolerance of a molten carbonate fuel cell", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 159, 2006, p. 1147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.11.092
- A. Hilmi, C.-Y. Yuh, Mohammad Farooue, "Anode with ceramic additives for molten carbonate fuel cell", US patent, 2009, Pub. No. US20090246562A1.
- J. D. Doyon, "Fuel cell anode and fuel cell", US patent, 1996, Patent No. 5,558,948.
- 김윤영, 한종희, 윤성필, 남석우, 임태훈, "매트릭스 두께가 MCFC 장기 성능에 미치는 영형", 한국수소 및 신에너지학회, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2005, p. 170.
- B. Bosio, P. Costamagna, F. Parodi, "Modeling and experimentation of molten carbonate fuel cell reactors in a scale-up process", Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 54, 1999, p. 2907. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(98)00414-X
- J. R. Selman, Y. P. Lin, "Application of ac impedance in fuel cell research and development", Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 38 No. 4, 1993, p. 2063.