- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Design and Test of Ejectors for a 75-kW Fuel Cell System
75kW급 연료전지 시스템의 이젝터 설계 및 시험
- Kim, Beom-Joo (Green Growth Laboratory, Korea Electric Power Research Institute, KEPCO) ;
- Kim, Do-Hyeong (Green Growth Laboratory, Korea Electric Power Research Institute, KEPCO) ;
- Lim, Hee-Chun (Green Growth Laboratory, Korea Electric Power Research Institute, KEPCO)
- Received : 2011.08.12
- Accepted : 2011.10.21
- Published : 2011.10.30
An Ejector enhances system efficiency, are easily operated, have a mechanically simple structure, and do not require a power supply. Because of these advantages, the ejector has been applied to a variety of industrial fields such as refrigerators, power plants and oil plants. In this work, an ejector was used to safely recycle anode tail gas in a 75-kW Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell (MCFC) system at KEPCO Research Institute. In this system, the ejector is placed at mixing point between the anode tail gas and the cathode tail gas or the fresh air. Commercial ejectors are not designed for the actual operating conditions for our fuel cell system. A new ejector was therefore designed for use beyond conventional operating limits. In the first place, a few sample ejectors were manufacured and the entrainment ratio was measured at a dummy stack. Through this experiment, the optimum ejector was chosen. The 75-kW MCFC system equipped with this optimum ejector was operated successfully.
Grant : 250kW급 열병합 용융탄산염 연료전지 Proto Type개발
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Sundmacher, K., Kniele, A., Pesch, H. J., Berndt, J. F., and Huppmann, G., 2007, Molten Carbonate Fuel Cells, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim
- Blomen, L. J. M. J. and Mugerwa, M. N., eds., 1993, Fuel Cell Systems, Plenum, New York.
- 김범주, 김도형, 강승원, 이정현, 김의환, 임희천, "5kW 용융탄산염 연료전지(MCFC) 이젝터 설계 및 시험", 한국수소 및 신에너지학회논문집 제20권, 제1호. pp.31-37
- Keenan, J. H., Neumann, E. P., and Lustwerk, F., 1950, "An Investigation of Ejector Design by Analysis and Experiment," ASME J. Appl. Mech., 17(3), pp. 299-309.
- El-Dessouky, H., Ettouney, H., Alatiqi, I., and Al-Nuwaibit, G., 2002, "Evaluation of Steam Jet Ejectors,"Chem. Eng. Process., 41, pp. 551-561. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0255-2701(01)00176-3
- Zhu, Y., Cai, W., Wen, C., and Li, Y., 2007, "Fuel Ejector Design and Simulation Model for Anodic Recirculation SOFC System,"J. Power Sources, 173, pp. 437-449. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2007.08.036
- Kim, M., Sohn, Y.-J., Cho, C.-W., Lee, W.-Y., and Kim, C.-S., 2008, "Customized Design for the Ejector to Recirculate a Humidified Hydrogen Fuel in a Submarine PEMFC,"J. Power Sources, 176, pp. 529-533. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2007.08.069
- H. El-Dessouky, H.Ettouney, I. Alatiqi, G. Al- Nuwaibit, "Evaluation of steam jet ejectors", Chemical Engineering and Processing 41 (2002) 551-561. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0255-2701(01)00176-3
- Sun, D.-W., and Eames, I. W., 1995, "Recent Developments in the Design Theories and Applications of Ejectors- Review,"J. Inst. Energy, 68, pp. 65-79.
- Heat Exchange Institute, Inc., 2007, Standards for Steam Jet Vacuum Systems, 6th ed., Heat Exchange Institute, Inc., Cleveland, OH.