- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Characteristics of Combined Heat and Power Generation with Series Circuit Using Organic Rankine Cycle
유기랭킨사이클을 이용한 직렬 열병합 사이클의 성능 특성
- Kim, Kyoung-Hoon (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Jung, Young-Guan (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2011.09.29
- Accepted : 2011.10.21
- Published : 2011.10.30
A combined heat and power cogeneration system driven by low-temperature sources is investigated by the first and second laws of thermodynamics. The system consists of Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) and an additional process heater as a series circuit. Seven working fluids of R152a, propane, isobutane, butane, R11, R123, isopentane and n-pentane are considered in this work. Maximum mass flow rate of a working fluid relative to that of the source fluid is considered to extract maximum power from the source. Results indicate that the second-law efficiency can be significantly increased due to the combined heat and power generation. Furthermore, higher source temperature and lower turbine inlet pressure lead to lower second-law efficiency of ORC system but higher that of combined system. Results also show that the optimum working fluid varies with the source temperature.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- N. T. Raj, S. Iniyan and R. Goic : "A review of renewable energy based co-generation technologies, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews," Vol. 15, 2011, pp. 3640-3648. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2011.06.003
- T. Guo, H. X. Wang and S. J. Zhang : "Selection of working fluids for a novel low-temperature geothermally- powered ORC based cogeneration system," Energy Convs. Mgmt., Vol. 52, 2011, pp. 2384-2391. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2010.12.038
- 김경훈 : "작동유체에 따른 유기랭킨사이클(ORC)의 열역학적 성능에 관한 연구," 수소 및 신에너지학회논문집, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 223-231.
- 김경훈, 정영관 : "유가랭킨사이클의 성능에 미치는 내부열교환기의 영향," 수소 및 신에너지학회논문집, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 402-408.
- K. H. Kim : "Effects of superheating on thermodynamic performance of organic Rankine cycles," WASET, Vol. 78, 2011, pp. 422-425.
- K. H. Kim : "Thermodynamic performance of regenerative organic Rankine cycles," WASET, 2011, in printing.
- K. H. Kim and C. H. Han : "Analysis of transcritical organic Rankine cycles for low-grade heat conversion," Advanced Science Letters, 2011, in printing.
- U. Dresher and D. Brueggemann : "Fluid selection for the organic Rankine cycle (ORC) in biomass power and heat plants," App. Therm. Eng., Vol. 27, 2007, pp. 223-228 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.04.024
- N. B. Desai and S. Bandyopadhyay : "Process integration of organic Rankine cycle," Energy, Vol. 34, 2009, pp. 1674-1686. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.04.037
- J. Wang J, Y. Dai and L. Gao : "Exergy analysis and parametric optimization for different cogeneration power plants in cement industry," App. Energy, Vol. 86, 2009, pp. 941-948. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2008.09.001
- P. J. Mago, A. Hueffed and L. M. Chamra : "Analysis and optimization of the use of CHPORC systems for small commercial buildings," Energy and Buildings, Vol. 42, 2010, pp. 1491-1498. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2010.03.019
- T. Guo, H. X. Wang and S. J. Zhang : "Fluids and parameters optimization for a novel cogeneration system driven by low-temperature geothermal sources," Energy, Vol. 36, 2011, pp. 2639-2649. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2011.02.005
- F. Heberle and D. Brueggemann : "Exergy based fluid selection for a geothermal organic Rankine cycle for combined heat and power generation," App. Therm. Eng., Vol. 30, 2010, pp. 1326-1332. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2010.02.012