- Volume 2 Issue 2
Urban agriculture is drawing people's attention along with environmental problems and recent changes in population and society such as the expansion of the aged, and various related discussions are going on for expanding the base. The purpose of this study was to suggest the application of urban agriculture in the permanently rental apartment complex to build a social welfare. Aiming at the introduction of urban agriculture in permanently rental apartment complexes, this study presented the roles and necessities of urban agriculture in response to environmental changes at home and overseas, explained the current state of permanently leased apartment complexes, estimated the land area usable for urban agriculture in existing complexes, and proposed strategies for the introduction of urban agriculture.
Urban Agriculture;Permanently Rental Apartment Complex;Vegetable Garden;Elderly Population's Increase;Local food;Food justice
- Choi, J. M. (2005), "Dissatisfaction and Recognition Evaluation on the Permanent Rental Apartment Housing", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea (Planning div.), 21(12): 235-247.
- Choi, P. G., Lee, J. W., Ha, J. M. (2008), "A Study on Improvement of Settlement Environment based on the Rental Housing Resident's Lifestyle", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea (Planning div.), 24(6): 69-77.
- Gyeonggi Research Institute (2009), Local Strategies for Building a Low Carbon Society(II), Suwon: Gyeonggi Research Institute.
- Jang, D. H. (2006), Study on Ecology-oriented Urban Agriculture-centered on Jeonju City, Ph.D. Dissertation. Jeonju : Chonbuk National Unversity.
- Kim, J. H. (2010), "A Study on the Implementation of Urban Agriculture Utlizing the Idle Land", Proceeding of Architectural Institute of Korea, 1: 98-104.
- Kim, O. J. (2009), A Study on the Characteristics and Application of the Urban Farmland, Master Thesis, Sunchon : Sunchon Nationa University.
- Korea Housing Management Seoul Suseo Office (2009), The result and problem of Suseo Jugong apartment complex
- Land & Housing Institute (2010), LHI Strategies Report : A Study on the Introduction of Urban Agriculture to Permanently rental Apartment Complexes, Seoul : Land & Housing Institute
- Lim, E. S., Lee, Y. S., Kim, J. S. (2010), "The Effect of Socio-Physical Regeneration on Social Network of Elderly Residents", Journal of the Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 10(5): 31-41.
- Lim, H. S., Zoh, W. B., Hong, K. P. (2009), "A study on the Urban agriculture for the Green space expansion", Autumn proceedings of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture Conference, 128-130.
- Lim, J. E. (2009), The Design for Urban Agricultural Park in Dong-tan New City, Master Thesis. Seoul : Seoul National University.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries(2010), Press kit for the activation of Urban agriculture Network in Korea.
- National Housing Corporation (2009), Public fifth years.the current state of the permanently rental apartment complexes I,II,III, Seoul: National Housing Corporation.
- National Statistical Office(2007), 2005 Population and Housing Census.
- Park, D.G. (2010), "Rice's stabilize supply and raise the food self-sufficiency rate", International Food and Agriculture, Spring 2010, 16-21.
- Presidential Committee on Green Growth(2009), Five-year Action plan on Green Growth(2009-2013), Seoul : Presidential Committee on Green Growth.
- Seo, S. B. (2010), "Retirement Migration Factors of Baby Boom Generation and Implication of Housing policy", Journal of Korea Planners Association, 45(5): 93-104.
- So, H. J. (2008), Analysis of the Network governance for the activation of Urban agriculture, Master Thesis. Seoul : Seoul National University.