- Volume 2 Issue 2
Recently, the construction of U-City or of U-City service (U-service) in many kinds of urban development projects becomes the general trend. However, as the construction of U-city comes into the spotlight like the trend of the times, various service constructions are being indiscreetly implemented since it's processed focusing on local specialized projects or local landmark project by a local autonomous entity or an institute in charge being off the original purpose of the improvement of living quality of residents and the efficiency of urban management, which causes a number of problems on the process, maintenance, operation and management of those projects. Therefore, this study is to derive the standard pattern of U-service construction through the analysis of patterns and numbers of U-service and problems during the process of construction in domestic U-City construction case district, and is aimed to suggest the reasonable direction of service construction based on this. 11 projects areas in which data related to U-service are available among U-City construction project areas were selected for the subjects of this study, and it's standardized with 228 detailed unit services that were suggested by U-Eco City R&D and with 11 service domains that are regulated in "the Act of ubiquitous city construction etc.", and it is limited to services that were suggested in U-City case area of which design was completed by July, 2010 based on this. The actual state of various U-service construction is analyzed through case studies as well as reviews on the legal and theoretical concept and the method of pattern classification of U-service, the plan for the standardization (pattern classification) of U-service and the plan for the construction body of service and to share the costs are suggested as the plan to construct reasonable U-service based on this for the method and the procedure of this study For the method to construct U-service, the plan to classify the pattern of U-service into the basic service and additional service is suggested, and whether it has the publicity, whether urban infrastructure is included, whether utilities are included, the body of realization, the recipients, the urgency, the importance and the spreading, etc. are suggested for the index to determine the pattern of service. The method to get the executor of a project to construct the basic service, the method to get the executor of a project to construct the most basic service among the group classification of service and to get a private entity and a local autonomous entity to perform additional service in the future, and the method to construct the whole service and to distribute the construction costs were suggested, and the first one that determines the body of construction after dividing U-service into the basic service and the additional service was evaluated to be the most reasonable one. And the plan to solve the problem that the excessive construction costs of U-service are shifted onto the executor of a project through benefit principle, balanced distribution principle and consultation and mediation between the interested parties was suggested for the criteria to share the costs.
U-City Service;U-Eco City;Classification of U-Service
- Jung, Keong-Seok et al. (2009), "A Study on U-City Service Classification and the Service Framework for the Standardization of U-City Service", Journal of Korea Planners Association, 44(3): 231-246.
- Jung, Woo-Su et al. (2007), "A Study on Priorities of u-City Services Using Weighted Model", Journal of KRIHS, 52: 193-214.
- Han, In-Gyo et al. (2010), Report of Detailed 1st Stage of the Core 2 of U-Space Construction Technology, U-Eco City Agency, 208-211.
- Kang, Min-Gu (2007), A Study on the Types of Ubiquitous Public Service that Can be Introduced to the Public Sector : Focused on Chungju City public officials' recognition, Business Adminstration.Public Administration.Foreign Language Graduate School in Chungju National University.
- Kim, Hyun-Gon (2005), The Status of Ubiquitous Service Use and Survey of Demand : National Life Sector, National Information Society Agency.
- Kim, Sang-Jun (2006), "The Consideration of a Plan to Utilize U-technology.Service for the Weak", Korea Agency for Digital Opportunity & Promotion, 3(8): 3-14.
- National Information Society Agency(2007), Legal Issues Related to Implementation of u-Service.
- Kim, Hyung-Chan et al. (1999), The Study of a Plan to Establish the System of Costs Allocation for Universal Service, Korea Information Strategy Development Institute, 1-118.
- Lee, Heon-Seok et al. (2000), Determination of market share between railroad and road on the cost minimization base, The Korean Society for Railway, 9(6): 68-76.
- Choi, Yun-Kil et al. (2009), Derivation of u-City Promotion Direction through an Analysis on Domestic and Foreign of u-Service Cases, Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management, 255-259.
- National Information Society Agency (2006), Study on Standardization Strategies for u-City Infrastructure, Technology and Service Model.