- Volume 11 Issue 4
This paper presents a methodology for classifying sleep disturbance using electroencephalogram (EEG) signal at sleep stage 2 and principal component analysis. For extracting initial features, fast Fourier transforms(FFT) were carried out to remove some noise from EEG signal at sleep stage 2. In the second phase, we used principal component analysis to reduction from EEG signal that was removed some noise by FFT to 5 features. In the final phase, 5 features were used as inputs of NEWFM to get performance results. The proposed methodology shows that accuracy rate, specificity rate, and sensitivity were all 100%.
Sleep Stage;FFT;PCA;Fuzzy Neural Network;Sleep Disturbance
- D. J. Dijk, T. L. Shanahan, J. F. Duffy, J. M. Ronda, and C. A. Czeisler, "Variation of electroencephalographic activity during non-rapid eye movement and rapid eye movement sleep with phase of circadian melatonin rhythm in humans," J. Physiol. 505, pp.851-858, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-7793.1997.851ba.x
- E. O. Bixler, A. Kales, J. A. Jacoby, C. R. Soldatos, and A. Vela-Bueno, "Nocturnal sleep and wakefulness: effects of age and sex in normal sleeper," Int. J. Neurosci. 23, pp.33-42, 1984. https://doi.org/10.3109/00207458408985343
- J. M. Lee, D. J. Kim, I. Y. Kim, K. S. Park, and S. I. Kim, "Detrended fuctuation analysis of EEG in sleep apnea using MIT=BIH polysomnography data," Computers in Biology and Medicine 32, pp.37-47, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4825(01)00031-2
- Y. S. Chung, "Pathophysiology and Diagnosis of Sleep Apnea," The KJAsEM, Vol.20, No.1, 2010.
- Elif Derya Ubeyli, Dean Cvetkovic, Gerard Holland, and Irena Cosic, "Adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system employing wavelet coefficients for detection of alterations in sleep EEG activity during hypopnoea episodes," Digital Signal Processing 20, pp.678-691, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2009.08.005
- Rajendra Acharya, Oliver Faust, N. Kannathal, TjiLeng Chua, and Swamy Laxminarayanb, "Non-linear analysis of EEG signals at various sleep stages," Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 80, pp.37-45, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2005.06.011
- Salih Gunes, Kemal Polat, and Sebnem Yosunkaya, "Efficient sleep stage recognition system based on EEG signal using k-means clustering based feature weighting," Expert Systems with Applications 37, pp.7922-7928, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.04.043
- S. H. Lee and J. S. Lim, "Forecasting KOSPI based on a neural network with weighted fuzzy membership functions," Expert Systems with Applications 38, pp.4259-4263, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.09.093
- J. S. Lim, "Finding Features for Real-Time Premature Ventricular Contraction Detection Using a Fuzzy Neural Network System," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NEURAL NETWORKS 20, pp.522-527, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2008.2012031
- J. S. Lim, D. Wang, Y.-S. Kim, and S. Gupta, "A neuro-fuzzy approach for diagnosis of antibody deficiency syndrome," Neurocomputing 69, pp.969-974, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2005.06.009
- 이상홍, 신동근, 임준식, "운동 형상 분류를 위한 웨이블릿 기반 최소의 특징 선택", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.10, No.6, pp.27-34, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.027
- T. L. Baker, "Medical clinics of north america," Philadelphia; Saunders, 1985.
- 이상홍, 임준식, 신동근, "걸음걸이 분석 기반의 파킨슨병 분류를 위한 특징 추출," 한국인터넷정보학회논문지, Vol.11, No.6, pp.13-20, 2010.
- Neuro-Fuzzy Network-based Depression Diagnosis Algorithm Using Optimal Features of HRV vol.12, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.02.001