- Volume 11 Issue 4
This paper proposes an efficient moving picture compression for video sequences with luminance variations. In the proposed algorithm, the luminance variation parameters are estimated and local motions are compensated. To detect the frame required luminance compensation, we employ the frame classification based on the cross entropy between histograms of two successive frames, which can reduce the computational redundancy. Simulation results show that the proposed method yields a higher peak signal to noise ratio (PSNR) than that of the conventional methods, with a low computational load, when the video scene contains large luminance variations.
Moving Picture Compression;Luminance Characteristics;Frame Classification;Motion Compensation
- D. Wang, L. Zhang, and A. Vincent, "Motion compensated frame rate up conversion part I: fast multi-frame motion estimation," IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, Vol.56, No.2, pp.133-141, 2010(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2010.2043896
- B.-J. Zou, C. Shi, C.-H. Xu, and S. Chen, "Enhanced hexagonal based search using direction-oriented inner search for motion estimation," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., Vol.20, No.1, pp.156-160, 2010(1). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2009.2031461
- H.-K. Cheung, W.-C. Siu, D. Feng, and Z. Wang, "Retinex based motion estimation for sequences with brightness variations and its application to h,264," in Proc. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp.1161-1164, Las Vegas, USA, 2008(3).
- S. L. Ho and S. Yang, "The cross-entropy method and its application to inverse problems," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol.46, No.8, pp.3401-3404, 2010(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2044380
- T. Uehara, R. Safavi-Naini, and P. Ogunbona "Recovering DC coefficients in block-based DCT," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.15, No.11, pp.3592-3596, 2006(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2006.881939
- S. Dikbas, T. Arici, and Y. Altunbasak, "Fast motion estimation with interpolation-free sub-sample accuracy," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., Vol.20, No.7, pp.1047-1051, 2010(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2010.2051283
- X. Hong and S. Chen, "M-estimator and D-optimality model construction using orthogonal forward regression," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.35, No.1, pp.155-162, 2005(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2004.839910