- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Input-Output Spaces of Fuzzy Inference Systems by Means of Membership Functions and Performance Analyses
소속 함수에 의한 퍼지 추론 시스템의 입출력 공간 특성 및 성능 분석
- Received : 2010.12.14
- Accepted : 2011.01.28
- Published : 2011.04.28
To do fuzzy modelling of a nonlinear process needs to analyze the characteristics of input-output of fuzzy inference systems according to the division of entire input spaces and the fuzzy reasoning methods. For this, fuzzy model is expressed by identifying the structure and parameters of the system by means of input variables, fuzzy partition of input spaces, and consequence polynomial functions. In the premise part of the fuzzy rules Min-Max method using the minimum and maximum values of input data set and C-Means clustering algorithm forming input data into the clusters are used for identification of fuzzy model and membership functions are used as a series of triangular, gaussian-like, trapezoid-type membership functions. In the consequence part of the fuzzy rules fuzzy reasoning is conducted by two types of inferences such as simplified and linear inference. The identification of the consequence parameters, namely polynomial coefficients, of each rule are carried out by the standard least square method. And lastly, using gas furnace process which is widely used in nonlinear process we evaluate the performance and the system characteristics.
Membership Function;Triangular;Gaussian-Like;Trapezoid-Type;Standard Least Square Method
- R. M. Tong, "Synthesis of fuzzy models for industrial processes," Int. J. Gen. Syst., Vol.4, pp.143-162, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1080/03081077808960680
- W. Pedrycz, "An identification algorithm in fuzzy relational system", Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol.13, pp.153-167, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(84)90015-0
- W. Pedrycz, "Numerical and application aspects of fuzzy relational equations," Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol.11, pp.1-18, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(83)80066-9
- E. Czogola and W. Pedrycz, "On identification in fuzzy systems and its applications in control problems," Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol.6, pp.73-83, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(81)90081-6
- C. W. Xu, "Fuzzy system identification," IEEE Proceeding Vol.126, No.4, pp.146-150, 1989.
- C. W. Xu and Y. Zailu, "Fuzzy model identification self-learning for dynamic system," IEEE Trans. on Syst. Man, Cybern., Vol. SMC-17, No.4, pp.683-689, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1987.289361
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, "Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control," IEEE Trans. Syst. Cybern., Vol. SMC-15, No.1, pp.116-132, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1985.6313399
- Box and Jenkins, "Time Series Analysis, Forcasting and Control," Holden Day, SanFrancisco, CA.
- M. A. Ismail, "Soft Clustering Algorithm and Validity of Solutions," Fuzzy Computing Theory, Hardware and Applications, edited by M.M. Gupta, North Holland, pp.445-471, 1988.
- P. R. Krishnaiah and L. N. Kanal, editors. Classification, pattern recognition, and reduction of dimensionality, volume 2 of Handbook of Statistics. North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1982(1).