- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Cloud-Oriented XML Metadata Generation between Heterogeneous Navigation Systems for Unknown Roads
클라우드 환경에서 이기종 네비게이션간의 새로운 도로 정보 업데이트를 위한 XML 메타 데이터 생성
- Received : 2011.02.18
- Accepted : 2011.03.10
- Published : 2011.04.28
The roadmap DB update for unknown roads is a very important factor for car navigation systems. In this paper, we propose a cloud computing based roadmap generation method for use between heterogeneous navigation system for unknown roads. While the drivers drive on unknown roads, the proposed method extracts the road attribute information, and then generates the metadata in an XML format that is available for the heterogeneous navigation systems in a cloud environment. The metadata is proposed to be used as a replacement for conventional proprietary roadmap formats which used by roadmap providers, which is efficient for heterogeneous navigation system providers in a cloud computing environment. Then, this metadata is provided to the roadmap DB providers through the cloud computing interfaces. With the proposed method, the roadmap DB providers update the own roadmap DB for navigation systems in real time. Therefore, the proposed method can reduce the costs of an actual traveling test and the maintenance for the roadmap DB provides. Thus, the cloud-oriented road map generation method can more efficiently update the unknown road information.
- S. G. Lee, D. H. Lee, and S.W. Lee, "Network-Oriented Road Map Generation for Unknown Roads using Visual Images and GPS-based Location Information," IEEE.Trans.Consum.Electron., Vol.55, No.3, pp.1233-1240, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2009.5277982
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_ Computing
- Gartner, "a style of computing where massively scalable IT - enabled capabilities are delivered 'as a service' to external customers using internet technologies," 2007.
- G. Tao, K. Iwamura, and M. Koga, "Towards high accuracy road maps generation from massive GPS Traces data," Proc. IGARSS 2007, pp.667-670, 2007.
- K. W. Min, K. H. An, J. W. Kim, and S. I. Jin, "The Mobile Spatial DBMS for the Partial Map Air Update in the Navigation," Proc. ITSC 2008, pp.476-481, 2008.
- MCP-MAUS Service Protocols for Map Air Update(TTAS.KO-06.0129).
- MAUS-Terminal Service Protocols for Map Air Update(TTAS.KO-06.0130).
- A. Asahara, M. Tanizaki, M. Morioka, and S. Shimada, "Locally Differential Map Update Method with Maintained Road Connections for Telematics Services," Proc. MDMW 2008, pp.11-18, 2008.
- K. W. Min, K. H. An, J. W. Kim, and S. I. Jin, "The Development and Performance Evaluation of the Mobile Spatial DBMS for the Partial Map Air Update in the Navigation," The KIPS Transactions, Vol. 15D, No.5, pp.609-620, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTD.2008.15-D.5.609
- http://www.ertico.com/en/activities/actimap. htm.
- A. Routray, and K.B. Monhanty, "A fast edge detection algorithm for road boundary extraction under nonuniform light condition," Proc. 10th Int. Conf. Information Technology, pp.38-40, 2007.
- J. Lu, M. Yang, H. Wang, and B. Zhang, "Vision-based real-time road detection in urban traffic," Proc. SPIE 2002, Vol.4666, pp.75-82, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.458518
- J. F. Canny, "A computational approach to edge detection," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell, Vol. PAMI-8, No.6, pp.679-698, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.1986.4767851
- M. A. Nasirudin, and M. R. Arshad, "A feature-based lane detection system using Hough transform method," Proc.ISITS 2007, pp.166-169, 2007.
- M. S. Hossain, M. M. Hasan, M. A. Ali, M. H. Kabir, and A. B. M. S. Ali, "Automatic detection and recognition of traffic signs," Proc.RAM2010, pp.286-291, 2010.
- A. Martinovic, G. Glavas, M. Juribasic, D. Sutic, and Z. Kalafatic, "Real-time detection and recognition of traffic signs," Proc.MIPRO2010, pp.760-765, 2010.
- M. Y. Fu, and Y. S. Huang, "A survey of traffic sign recognition," Proc.ICWAPR2010, pp.119-124, 2010.