- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Automatic Detecting and Tracking Algorithm of Joint of Human Body using Human Ratio
인체 비율을 이용한 인체의 조인트 자동 검출 및 객체 추적 알고리즘
- Received : 2011.01.28
- Accepted : 2011.04.07
- Published : 2011.04.28
There have been studying many researches to detect human body and to track one with increasing interest on human and computer interaction. In this paper, we propose the algorithm that automatically extracts joints, linked points of human body, using the ratio of human body under single camera and tracks object. The proposed method gets the difference images of the grayscale images and ones of the hue images between input image and background image. Then the proposed method composes the results, splits background and foreground, and extracts objects. Also we standardize the ratio of human body using face' length and the measurement of human body and automatically extract joints of the object using the ratio and the corner points of the silhouette of object. After then, we tract the joints' movement using block-matching algorithm. The proposed method is applied to test video to be acquired through a camera and the result shows that the proposed method automatically extracts joints and effectively tracks the detected joints.
Object Detection;Object Tracking;Silhouette;Joint
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- K. M. Lee and W. N. Streeet, "Model-based detection, segmentation and classification using on-line shape learning," Machine vision and application, Vol.13, No.4, pp.222-333, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00138-002-0061-6
- G. Mori and J. Malik, "Estimatinf Human Body configurations using Shape Context Matching," in Processings of ECCV, pp.666-680, 2002.
- C. Wren, A. Azarbayejani, T. Darrell, and A. Pentland, "Pfinder: Real-time tracking of the human body," IEEE trans. on PAMI, Vol.19, No.7, pp.780-785, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.598236
- L. Zhang, B. Wu, and B. Nevatia, "Detection and Tracking of Multiple Humans with Extensive Pose Articulation," computer Vision, ICCV 2007, pp.1-8, 2007.
- T. E. de Campos and D. W. Murray, "Regression- based Hand Pose Estimation from Multiple Cameras CVPR 2006, Vol.1, pp.782-789.
- Q. Delamarre and O. Faugeras, "3D articulated models and multi-view tracking with sillouettes," Proc. ICCV, pp.716-721, 1999(9).
- G. Mori and J. Malik, "Estimating Human Body configurations using shape Context Matching," in Proceedings of ECCV, pp.666-680, 2002.
- C. Wren, A. Azar bayejani, T. Darrell, and A. Pentland, "Pfinder: Real-time tracking of human body," IEEE trans. on PAMI, Vol.19, No.7, pp.780-785, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.598236
- T. Horptasert, I. Haritaoglu, C. Wren, D. Harwood, L. Davis, and A. Pentland, "Real time 3D motion capture," in Processings of Workshop on perceptual user interface, 1998.
- S. Iwasawa, J, Ohya, K. Takahashi, T. Sakaguchi, S. Kawato, K. Ebihara, and S. Morishima, "Real-time 3D extimation of human body postures from triocular images," in Processings of Workshop on modeling people, pp.3-10, 1999.
- Andrew Hill, Chris J. Taylor, and Alan D. Brett, "A Framework for Automatic Landmark Identification Using a New Method of Nonrigid Correspondence," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.22, No.3, 2000(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/34.841756
- Pengfei Zhu and Paul M.Chrlian, "On Critical Point Detection of Digital Shapes," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.17, No.8, 1995(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/34.400564
- N. Otsu, "A threshold selection method from gray level histograms," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.9, No.1, pp.62-66, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1979.4310076