- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Using an Intervention Model for Occupational Therapy Service Specialist Based on a Special Education Supporting Center
특수교육지원센터에 기반을 둔 작업치료서비스 전문가의 중재모델 사용
- Received : 2010.11.11
- Accepted : 2010.12.22
- Published : 2011.04.28
The purpose of this study was to survey the intervention model, intervention settings, intervention time, factors influencing selection of intervention model, relationship between intervention model and areas which supporting center for special education based occupational therapist was using. Study data were provided by 46 therapy supporting service professionals through e-mail and analyzed. The findings indicated that first, the therapy supporting service professionals often employed a direct therapy(individual) focusing on performance component of child. Second, they believed that direct therapy is most effective in improving children's performance and raising awareness of the importance of occupational therapy. Third, when choose intervention model, they took into consideration the child's performance components deficits and mind of team chief. Fourth, no correlation between the application time and the perception of effectiveness of intervention model. Also didn't find correlation between applying time of intervention model and intervention area. When putting the various research result together, the model school-based occupational therapists using was similar to medical model. Therefore it is need a study to develop effective intervention model and apply it in school environment.
- 교육인적자원부, 특수교육진흥법 일부개정법률(2005.3.24. 공포), 법률 제7395호, 2005.
- 교육인적자원부, 장애인 등에 대한 특수교육법(2007.5.25. 공포), 법률 제8483호, 2007.
- U. S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Service, Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004, Public Law, 108-446, 2004.
- P. Bose and J. Hinojosa, "Reported experiences from occupational therapists interacting with teachers in inclusive early childhood classrooms," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.62, No.3, pp.289-297, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.62.3.289
- W. Coster, "Occupation-centered assessment of children," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.52, pp.337-344, 1998. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.52.5.337
- J. D. Rourk, "Roles for school-based occupational therapists: Past, present, future," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.50, pp.698-700, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.50.9.698
- P. Kramer and J. Hinojosa, Frames of reference for pediatric occupational therapy(3th), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- A. C. Bundy, A conceptual model of practice for school system therapists-making a difference: occupational therapists and physical therapists in public schools, Chicago: University of Illinois, 1991.
- J. McDougal, G. A. King, T. Malloy-Miller, J. Gritzen, M. A. Tucker, and J. Evans, "A checklist to determine the methods of intervention used in school-based therapy: Development and pilot testing," Physical and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, Vol.19, No.2, pp.53-77, 1999.
- American Occupational Therapy Association, Occupational therapy service in early intervention and school-based program. American J. of Occupational therapy, Vol.59, pp.681-685, 2004.
- G. Froleck-Clark and L. A. Miller, "Providing effective occupational therapy services: Data-based decision making in school-based practice," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.50, pp.701-708, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.50.9.701
- B. E. Hanft and P. A. Place, The consulting therapist: A guide for OTs and PTs in schools, Therapy Skills Builders, 1998.
- American Occupational Therapy Association, "Occupational therapy practice framework: Domain and process," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.62, No.6, pp.625-683, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.62.6.625
- C. Orr and J. Schkade, "The impact of the classroom environment on defining function in school-based practice," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.51, pp.64-69, 1997. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.51.1.64
- S. Bazyk and J. Case-Smith, School-based occupational therapy. In J. Case-Smith, J. C. O'Brien, Occupational therapy for children(6th), Mosby, pp.723-730, 2009.
- L. Pape and K. Ryba, Practical considerations for school-based occupational therapist, AOTA Press, PRO-ED, 2004.
- K. J. Barnes and K. D. Turner, "Team collaborative practices between teachers and occupational therapist," American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol.55, No.1, pp.83-89, 2001. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.55.1.83
- A. Lehman, Special education team-members' perceptions relating to the changing practice patterns of school-based occupational therapists, Master Thesis submitted to the school of Occupational therapy of Hadassah and the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, as partial fulfillment of the requirements for as Master of Science, 2001.
- I. R. McEwen and M. L. Sheldon, "Pediatric Therapy in the 1990s: The demise of the educational versus medical dichotomy," Physical and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, Vol.15, No.2, pp.33-45, 1995.
- N. Weintraub and M. Kovshi, "Changing practice patterns of school-based occupational therapists in Israel," Occupational Therapy International, Vol.11, No.1, pp.40-51, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/oti.196
- J. Case-Smith and J. Cable, "Perception of occupational therapists regarding service delivery models in school-based practice," Occupational Therapy J. of Research, Vol.16, pp.23-44, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1177/153944929601600102
- 오혜원, 김세연, "특수교육지원센터와 학교에 기반을 둔 치료지원 서비스 전문가의 근무환경 및 직무 만족도 조사: 작업치료 전공자를 중심으로", 대한작업치료학회지, 제18권, 제2호, pp.23-37, 2010.
- 이미선, 이유훈, 조광순, 김태준, "한국의 특수교육 지원센터 운영실태와 요구분석", 한국교육, 제33권, 제2호, pp.167-195, 2006.
- A. N. Niehues, A. C. Bundy, C. F. Mattingly, and M. C. Lawlor, "Making a difference: Occupational therapy in the public schools," Occupational Therapy J. of Research, Vol.11, pp.195-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/153944929101100401
- W. Dunn, Consultation as a process: how, when, and why? In C. B. Royeen (ed.), AOTA self study series: school-based practice for related services(pp.7-41), American Occupational Therapy Association, 1991.
- W. Dunn, "A comparison of service provision models in school-based occupational therapy services: A pilot study," Occupational Therapy J. of Research, Vol.10, No.5, pp.300-320. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/153944929001000505
- L. Thress-Suchy, E. Roantee, and N. Pfeffer, "Mothers', fathers', and teachers' perceptions of direct and consultative occupational therapy services," School System Special Interest Section, Vol.6, No.3, pp.1-2, 1999.
- D. Reid, T. Chiu, G. Shinclair, S. Wehrmann, and Z. Naseer, "Outcomes of an occupational therapy school-based consultation services for students with fine motor difficulties," Canadian J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.73, No.4, pp.215-224, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/000841740607300406
- B. Raninforth and J. York-Barr, Collaborative teams for students with severe disabilities: Integrating therapy and educational services(2nd ed.), Baltimore: Brookes, 1997.