- Volume 11 Issue 4
This paper is to identifies relationship between service quality, trust toward employees, trust toward store and store loyalty by investigate how service quality influences on trust toward employees and trust toward store, and its, in turn, influence on store loyalty and explain the moderating effect in relationships between service quality and trust toward employees, and service qualty and trust toward store in bank services setting. A survey study was conducted to collect the data with the actual service purchasers at domestic mayor banks. Analysis of structural equation modeling with AMOS 18.0 was performed to test the research hypothesis. The results of the study are as follows: First, it was found to the moderating effect in relationships between empathy dimension of service quality and trust toward employees, and assurance dimension of service quality and trust toward store. Second, service quality shows differential effects on both trust toward employees and trust toward store by dimension but trust toward employees influence on both trust toward store and it, in turn, influence on store loyalty. To sum up, it have to build empathy of service quality for increase of trust toward their customer who have high duration of relationship and have to build assurance of service quality for increase of trust toward store in bank service settings.
Service Quality;Trust Toward Employees;Trust Toward Store;Store Loyalty;Duration of Relationship
- K. Bahla and J. Nantel, "A Reliable and Valid Measurement Scale for The Perceived Service Quality of Banks," International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol.18, No.2, pp.84-91, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320010322994
- A. Gill, S. Alan, B. Flaschner, and M. Shachar, "Factors that Affect The Trust of Business Clients in their Banks," International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol.24, No.6, pp.384-405, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320610701726
- R. Mayer, J. David, and F. Schoorman, "An Integration Model of Organizational Trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.3, pp.709-724, 1995.
- R. Morgan and S. Hunt, "The Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing, Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, pp.20-28, 1994.
- K. Gwinner, D. Glemler, and M. Bitner, "Relational Benefits in Services Industries: The Customer's Perspective," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.26, pp.101-114, 1989.
- 데이비드 에드워드, 아침논단: 아시아의 부를 관리하는 새로운 방법, 조선일보, 2009, 10월 13일자.
- P. Guenzi, M. Johnson, and S. Castaldo, "A Comprehensive Model of Customer Trust in Two Retail Stores," Journal of services management, Vol.20, No.3, pp.290-316, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230910964408
- K, Coulter, K. and R. Coulter, "Determinants of Trust in a Service Provider: The Moderating Role of Length of Relationship, Journal of services marketing, Vol.16, No.1, pp.30-50, 2002.
- S. Gounaris and K. Venetis, Trust in industrial service relationships: behavioral consequences, antecedents and the moderating effect of the duration of the relationship, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.16, No.7, pp.636-655, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040210447351
- C. Groroos, Strategic Management and Marketing in the Service Sector. Helshingfors: Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, 1992.
- A. Parasuraman, L. Zeithaml, and L. Berry, A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implication for Future Research," Journal of Marketing, Fall, pp.41-50, 1985.
- A. Parasuraman, L. Zeithaml, and L. Berry, SERVQUAL: A Multiple-Item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perception of Service Quality, Journal of Retailing, Spring, pp.12-40, 1989.
- R. Bolton and J. Drew, "A Multiple Model of Customers' Assessment Service Quality and Value, Journal of Consumer Research, pp.375-384, 1991(3).
- J. Cronin and S. Taylor, "SERVPERF versus SERVQUAL: Reconciling Performance-Based and Perception-Minus-Expectations Measurement of Service Quality, Journal of Marketing, Vol.125-131, 1994.
- A. Lindgreen, "Trust as A Valuable Strategic Variable in The Food Industry: Different Types of Trust and Their Implementation," British Food Journal, Vol.105, No.6, pp.310-327, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700310481694
- I. Young and I. Wilkinson, "The Role of Trust and Cooperation in Marketing Channels: A Preliminary Study," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.23, No.2, pp.109-122, 1999.
- S. Ganesan, "Determinants of Long-Term Orientation in Buyer-Seller Relationships," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, No.2, pp.1-19, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252265
- R. Lewicki and J. Rubin, Trust in Relationships: A Model of Trust Development and Decline, in B. Bunker and J Rubin(Eds.), Conflict, Co-Operation and Justice, Jocssey-Bass, San Francisco, CA, 133-173, 1995.
- D. Lacobucci and A. Ostrom, "Commercial and Interpersonal Relationship: Using The Structure of Interpersonal Relationship to Understand Individual-to-Individual, Individual -to-Firm and Firn-to-Firm Relationship in Commerce," International journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.13, pp.53-72, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8116(95)00034-8
- T. Gruen, "The Outcomes Set of Relationship Marketing in Consumer Markets," International Journal of Business Review, Vol.4, No.4, pp.447-469, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-5931(95)00026-7
- A. Dick and K. Basu, "Customer Loyalty: Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22(Spring), pp.99-113, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- D. Wulf, G. Oderkerken-Schroder, and D. Iacobucci, "Investments in Consumer Relationships: A Cross-Country and Cross-Industry Exploration," Journal of Marketing, Vol.65(October), pp.33-50, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20686
- J. Jacoby and R. Chestnu, Brand Loyalty Measurement and Management, Wiley: New York, NY, 1978.
- F. Reichheld and W. Sasser, "Zero Defections: Quality Comes to Services," Harvard Business Review, pp.789-801, 1990.
- A. Wong and A. Sohal, "Understanding The Quality of Relationships in Consumer Services: A Study in A Retail Environment," International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol.23, No.3, pp.244-264, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02656710610648215
- S. Kaul, A. Sahay, and A. Koshy, "Impact of Initial-Trust-Image on Shoper Trust and Patronage Intentions: A Study of Young, Male Apparel Shoppers in India," International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.38, No.4, pp.275-296, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590551011032090
- G. Sichtmann, "An Analysis of Antecedents and Consequences of Trust in A Corporate Brand," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.41(9/10), pp.999-1015, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773318
- P. Doney, J. Barry, and R. Abratt, "Trust Determinants and Outcomes in Grobal B2B Services," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.41(9/10), pp.1096-1116, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773363
- 박승환, 최철재, "소매 서비스기업에서 브랜드만족과 점포충성도 관계: 점포만족, 브랜드신뢰 및 점포신뢰의 인과적 역할", '한국콘텐츠학회논문지', 제8권, 제11호, pp.286-295, 2009.
- L. William and A. Burns, "Factors Affecting Children's Store Loyalty: An Empirical Examination of Two Store Types," The Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol.17, pp.61-82, 2001.
- P. Schurr and J. Ozane, "Influences on Exchange Processes: Buyer's Perceptions of A Seller's Trustworthiness and Bargaining Toughness," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.11(March), pp.939-953, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/209028
- M. Hut and T. Speh, Business Marketing Management, 5th ed., The Dryden Press, New York, NY, 1985.
Supported by : 단국대학교