- Volume 11 Issue 4
A wetting and drying(WAD) scheme was introduced in KU-RLMS which is a two-dimensional depth-averaged unsteady model, and applicability tests for wetting and drying were performed in this study. WAD scheme in the model uses a mathematically less elegant but numerically easier method to test for dry or wet cells at each time step, then to apply blocking conditions for fluxes at cells' interfaces. WAD scheme introduced in the model was verified against an analytical solution in a frictionless parabolic basin. It was found that there occurs a little phase difference between analytical and numerical solution and little decrease of amplitude of numerical result. I used three test channels having a linear sloping bottom topography, a stepwise bottom topography, and a stepwise, a bumpy and bowl-shaped bottom topography. It could be found that numerical simulation results in test channels have similar shapes of Balzano and Oey.
Supported by : 경성대학교
- 이남주, "좌표변환에 의한 이차원 유사이동모형의 개발 및 적용", 공학박사 학위논문, 서울대학교, 1966.
- 이남주, 이길성, "좌표변환에 의한 이차원 유사이동모형(I) - 모형의 개발", 대한토목학회논문집, 제18권, 제II-5호, pp.407-412, 1998a.
- 이남주, 이길성, "좌표변환에 의한 이차원 유사이동모형(II) - 모형의 적용", 대한토목학회논문집, 제18권, 제II-5호, pp.423-436, 1998b.
- A. Balzano, "Evaluation of methods for numerical simulation of wetting and drying in shallow water flow models," Coastal Engineering, 34, pp.83-107, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(98)00015-5
- V. Casulli and R. Cheng, "Semi-implicit finite difference methods for three-dimensional shallow water flow," Int. J. Numer. Methods Fluids, 15, pp.629-648, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/fld.1650150602
- R. T. Cheng, V. Casulli, and J. W. Gartner, "Tidal, residual, intertidal mudflat(TRIM) model and its application to SanFrancisco Bay, California," Estuarine, Coastal Shelf Sci., 36, pp.235-280, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1006/ecss.1993.1016
- R. A. Flather and K. P. Hubbert, "Tide and surge models for shallow-water-Morecambe Bay revisited," In: Davies, A. M.(Ed.), Modeling Marine Systems, Vol.1. CRC Press, pp.135-166, 1990.
- K. A. Hoffmann and S. T. Chiang, (Computational Fluid Dynamics for Engineers, Vol. I, Eingineering Education System, 1993.
- Z. G. Ji, M. R. Morton, and J. M. Hamrick, "Wetting and drying simulation of estuarine processes," Estuarine, Coastal Shelf Sci., 53, pp.683-700, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/ecss.2001.0818
- Z. Kowalik and T. S. Murty, Numerical Modeling of Ocean Dynamics. World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.
- J. J. Leendertse, Aspects of a Computational Model for Long-Period Water-Wave Propagation, U. S. Air Force Project, RAND Memorandom RM 5294, The Rand Cooperation, 1967.
- J. J. Leendertse, Aspects of SIMSYS, A System for Two-Dimensional Flow Computations. RAND Publication R-3572-USGS, 1987.
- D. R. Lynch and W. G. Gray, "Finite element simulation of shallow water problems with moving boundaries," Finite Elements in Water Resources. Pentech Press, London, pp.2.23-2.42, 1978.
- F. Marche and P. Bonneton, "A simple and efficient well-balanced scheme for 2D bore propagation and run-up over a sloping beach," Proc. 30th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng., 1, pp.998-1010, 2006.
- L. Y. Oey, "A wetting and drying scheme for POM," Ocean Modelling, 9, pp.133-150, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocemod.2004.06.002
- V. M. Ponce and S. B. Yabusaki, "Modeling circulation in depth-averaged flow," J. of the Hydraulics Div. ASCE, Vol.107, No.HY11, pp.1501-1518, 1981.
- R. O. Reid and R. E. Whitaker, "Wind-driven flow of water influenced by a canopy," J. Waterways, Harbors Coastal Eng. Division, ASCE, 102, WW1, pp.61-77, 1976.
- G. Ryskin and L. G. Leal, "Orthogonal mapping," J. of Computational Physics, Vol.50, pp.71-100, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(83)90042-6
- G. S. Stelling, On the construction of computational methods for shallow water equations. Rijkswaterstaat communication No. 35, 1984.
- G. S. Stelling, A. K. Wiersma, and J. B. T. M. Willemse, "Practical aspects of accurate tidal computations," J. of Hyd. Eng., ASCE, No.112, Vol.9, pp.802-817, 1986.
- W. C. Thacker, "Some exact solutions to the nonlinear shallow-water wave equations," J. Fluid Mechanics 107, pp.499-508, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112081001882
- Flow Simulation in a Meandering Channel using a 2-dimensional Numerical Model vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.485