- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Dance/Movement Therapy on Mental Health in In-patient with Schizophrenia
무용/동작치료가 입원중인 정신분열증 환자의 정신건강 변화에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2010.11.05
- Accepted : 2011.03.09
- Published : 2011.04.28
The purpose of this study was examine the effects of dance / movement therapy on anger and anger expression, depression and anxiety, and positive as well as negative symptoms in in-patient with schizophrenia. Among inpatients with schizophrenia in J Dajeon psychiatric hospital, 38 patients were allocated to either dance and movement therapy (DMT) group (n=18), which included 24 sessions of DMT and medical treatment over 12 weeks, or a control group (n=20), which included only medical treatment. State anger and anger control of DMT group were improved after 12 weeks, and there was a significant difference in anger control after 12 weeks between two groups. Depression of DMT group was improved, and there was significant difference in depression after 12 weeks between DMT and control group. There was a significant difference in negative symptoms after 12 weeks between DMT and control group. These finding demonstrates that DMT has benefit on the reduction of state anger by increasing anger control and depression as well as may improve negative symptoms in in-patient with schizophrenia.
- 대한신경정신의학회, 신경정신과학, 하나의학사, 1998.
- N. C. Andreason, "Schizophrenia : The fundamental questions," Brain Res Rev, Vol.31, pp.106-112, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0173(99)00027-2
- H. Y. Meltzer, P. COla, L. Way, P. A. Thompson, B. Bastani, M. A. Davis and B. Snitz, "Cost effectiveness of clozapine in neuroleptic resistant Schizophrenia," Am J Psychiatry, Vol.150, pp.1630-1638, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1176/ajp.150.11.1630
- M. De Hert, K. McKenzie, and J. Peuskens. "Risk factors for suicide in young people suffering from schizophrenia : A long-term follow-up study," Schizophre Res, Vol.47, pp.127-134, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-9964(00)00003-7
- T. Sharma and L. Antonova, "Cognitive function in schizophrenia: Deficits, functional consequences, and future treatment," Psychiatr Clin North Am, Vol.26, pp.25-40, 2000.
- S. A. Castner, P. S. Goldman-Rakic,and G. V. Williams, "Animal models of working memory: Insights for targeting cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenic episode," Psychopharmacology, Vol.10, pp.300-312, 2004.
- 김영진, 한선호, "정신과병동에서 난폭한 행동에 대한 연구", 순천향대학 논문집 제5권, pp.479-487, 1982.
- M. R. Serper, B. R. Goldberg, K. G. Heman, D. Richame, J. CHou, C. A. Dill, and R. Cancro, "Predictors of aggression on the psychiatric inpatient service," Psychiatr Serv, Vol.46, pp.121-127, 2005.
- A. E. Soliman and H. Reza, "Risk factors and correlates of violence among acutely ill adult psychiatric inpatients," Psychiatr Serv, Vol.52, pp.75-80, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.52.1.75
- J. L. Lindsay and C. A. Anderson, "From antecedent conditions to violent : A general affective aggression model," Pers Soc Psychol Bull Vol.26, pp.533-547, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167200267002
- C. D. Spielberger, S. S. Krasner, and E. P. Solomon, "The experience, expression and control of anger. In M.P. Janisse, Healthy Psychology In Individual difference and stress," Springer-Verlag, pp.89-108, 1988.
- C. D. Speilberger, E. C. Reheiser, and S. J. Sydeman, "Measuring the experience, expression, and control of anger," Compr Pediatr Nurs, Vol.18, pp.207-232, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3109/01460869509087271
- 송현주, 민성길, 고려원, 이남훈, 이태경, 오경자. "정신분열병 환자의 공격행동 예측 변인", 신경정신의학, 제42권, pp.573-579, 2003.
- P. G. Janick, J. M. Davis, S. H. Preskorn, and F. Ayd Jr. Treatment with antipsychotics. In: Principles and Practice of sychopharmacotherapy. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins. 1993.
- D. B. Allison and D. E. Casey, "Antipsychotic-induced weight gain: a review of the literature," J Clin Psychiatry, Vol.62, No.7, pp.22-31, 2001.
- W. K. Fakhoury, D. Wright, and M. Wallace, "Prevalence and extent of distress of adverse effects of antipsychotics among callers to a United Kingdom National Mental Health Helpline," Int Clin Psychopharamccol, Vol.16, pp.153-162, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004850-200105000-00004
- M. Chace, "Dance as an adjunctive therapy with hospitalized mental patients," Bull Menninger Clin, Vol.17, pp.219-225, 1953.
- N. Mutri. "Healthy body, healthy mind," Psychologist, Vol.15, pp.412-413, 2002.
- 이숙자. "노인의 건강 증진을 위한 율동적 운동 프로그램의 적용 효과". 대한 간호학회지, 제30권, pp.3-10, 2000.
- C. D. Spielberger, E. C. Reheiser, and S. J. Sydeman, "Measuring the experience, expression, and control of anger," Issues in Compr Pediatr Nurs, Vol.18, pp.207-232, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3109/01460869509087271
- 전겸구. "한국판 STAXI 척도 개발 연구(II)". 재활심리연구, 제3권, pp.53-69, 1996.
- A. T. Beck, B. F. Shaw, and G. Emery, Cognitive therapy of depression. New York, Guilford Press, 1979.
- 한홍무, 염태호, 신영우, 김교헌, 윤도준, 정근재, "Beck Depression Inventory의 한국판 표준화 연구", 신경정신의학, 제25권, pp.487-502, 1986.
- C. D. Spielberger, R. L. Gorsuch, and R. E. Lusche, STAI Manual. Palo Alto, California : Consulting Psychologists Press, 1970.
- 김정택, "특성불안과 사회성과 관계", 고려대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 1978.
- S. R. Kay, A. Fiszbein, and L. A. Opler, "The positive and negative syndrome scale(PANSS) for schizophrenia," Schizophr Bull, Vol.13, pp.55-70, 1987.
- 이중서, 안용민, 신현균, 안석균, 주연호, "한국판 양성 및 음성 증후군 척도의 신뢰도와 타당도". 신경정신의학, 제40권, 제6호, pp.1090-1105, 2001.
- S. E. Taylor, M. E. Kemeny, J. E. Bower, T. L. Gruenewald, and G. M. Reed, "Psychological resources, positive illusions, and health," American Psychologist, Vol.55, No.1, pp.99-109, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.99
- 대한신경정신의학회. 신경정신의학, 중앙문화사, 2005.
- S. M. Sonnernberg, M. Stern, and R. P. Idverman, "A profile for rating depressive and schizophrenic behavior," Comp Psychiat, Vol.13, pp.25-31, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-440X(72)90031-4
- D. A. Schwartz, D. E. Filnn, and P. F. Slawson, "Suicide in the psychiatric hospital," Am J Psychiatry, Vol.13, No.2, pp.150-153, 1975.
- S. G. Siris, "Suicide and schizophrenia," J Psychopharamcol, Vol.15, pp.127-135, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/026988110101500209
- A. M. Lane and D. J. Lovejoy, "The effects of exercise on mood changes: the moderating effect of depressed mood," J Spots Med Phys Fitness, Vol.41, pp.539-545, 2001.
- S. L. Sandel, "Integrating dance therapy into treatment," Hosp Community Psychiatry, Vol.26, pp.439-441, 1975.
- R. Merdith and L. Katheryn, "Effects of dance/movement therapy: a Meta-analysis," The arts in Psychotherapy, Vol.23, pp.249-260, 1976.
- 이재현, 박수빈, 김현식, 김창윤, "외래 정신분열병 환자에서 댄스치료의 임상적 적용", 신경정신의학, 제47권, pp.279-285, 2008.
- L. Heber, "Dance movement : a therapeutic program for psychiatric clients," Perspect Psychiatr Care. Vol.29, pp.22-29, 1993.
- Effects of a Horticultural Therapy Program on Self-efficacy, Stress Response, and Psychiatric Symptoms in Patients with Schizophrenia vol.25, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2016.25.1.48