- Volume 20 Issue 5
This study aims to find out an effect of 3 types of environment worksheets used for 5th elementary graders's environmental class on their environmental perceptions and behavior. 104 of 5th graders in M elementary school in Ulsan Metropolitan City were selected and divided into A group(35), B group(34) and C group(35) for this study, and to A group, a class used worksheet of the photo taken clean, unpolluted environment, and to B group, a class used worksheet of the photo taken polluted environment and to C group, a class used worksheet of only text without photo were carried out. The worksheet used class was conducted 5 times, and then after the classes, the student's change in environmental perceptions and behavior by group was put into verification Below are the study results. First, the worksheets used for the environment class have incurred significant differences in student's environmental perceptions by their types. A. B groups were higher than C group in their post-test environmental perceptions score, a statistically significant differences. Meanwhile, statistically insignificant differences appeared in environmental perceptions score between A and B groups. Second, the type of worksheet used for environment class represented considerable differences in he students' environmental behavior. A group was higher than B. C groups in post test environment behavior score, the difference of which was statistically significant. While statistically insignificant difference represented in environmental behavior between B, C groups. Third, the both types of worksheets of the photo of positive environment and that of negative environment appeared to be effective statistically in changing the elementary students' environmental behavior, while the worksheets of the photo of positive environment appeared to be effective statistically in their environmental behavior.
Elementary student;Environmental worksheet;Environmental perception;Environmental behavior
- 김인호, 주신하, 안동만, 2000, 초등학교 학생들의 환경 인식과 태도에 관한 연구, 한국환경교육학회지, 13(1), 122-132.
- 남상준, 1995, 환경교육론, 서울:대학사, 276.
- 박경희, 2007, 미술 감상교육을 위한 워크시트 활용방안연구, 석사학위논문, 숙명여자대학교.
- 신정록, 2008, 초등학교 교과서 내 환경관련 삽화에 대한 선호도 연구, 한국환경교육학회 발표논문집, 72-78.
- 이경찬, 2007, 그림을 이용한 도시 아동의 환경인식에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 서울대학교.
- 이정화, 강혁주, 류재인, 정진수, 권용주, 박국태, 2004, 초등학교 3학년 학생들의 환경관련 독서활동이 환경에 대한 태도에 미치는 영향, 한국환경교육학회지, 17(1), 57-66.
- 장위현, 1995, 자연과의 친화력 실천활동을 통한 환경보전교육, 전라북도 교육연구원 월보, 255, 8-48.
- Beilfuss, M., 2004, Exploring conceptual understandings of ground-water through student's interviews and drawing. Paper presented at the National Association for Research in Science Teaching Annual Conference, Vancouver , British Columbia, 146.
- Duchastel, P. C., 1978, Illustrating instructional texts, Educational Technology, 18(11), 36-39.
- Melamed, L., 1994, Learning about the environment-The truth may make you miserable!. The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance., 65(8), 36-40. https://doi.org/10.1080/07303084.1994.10606981
- Paivio, A., 1986, Mental representations: A dual coding approach. New York: Oxford university press, 322.
- Sobel, D., 1996, Beyond ecophobia : Reclaiming the heart in nature education. Mainstreet, Great Barrington, MA: The Orion Society and The MyrinInstitute.
- Sobel, D., 2004, Place-based education. Great Barrington, MA: The Orion Society.
- White, R., Gunstone, R., 1992, Probing understanding, London: The Falmer Press, 98-106.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 부산교육대학교