- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Basic Study of Plasma Reactor of Dielectric Barrier Discharge for the Water Treatment
수처리용 유전체장벽 플라즈마 반응기에 대한 기초 연구
Kim, Dong-Seog;Park, Young-Seek
- Received : 2011.02.11
- Accepted : 2011.04.05
- Published : 2011.05.31
This study investigated the degradation of N, N-Dimethyl-4-nitrosoaniline (RNO, indicator of the generation of OH radical) by using dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) plasma. The DBD plasma reactor of this study consisted of a quartz dielectric tube, titanium discharge (inner) and ground (outer) electrode. The effect of shape (rod, spring and pipe) of ground electrode, diameter (9~30 mm) of ground electrode of spring shape and inside diameter (4~13 mm) of quartz tube, electrode diameter (1~4 mm), electrode materials (SUS, Ti, iron, Cu and W), height difference of discharge and ground electrode (1~15.5 cm) and gas flow rate (1~7 L/min) were evaluated. The experimental results showed that shape of ground electrode and materials of ground and discharge electrode were not influenced the RNO degradation. The thinner the diameter of discharge and ground electrode, the higher RNO degradation rate observed. The effect of height gap of discharge between ground electrode on RNO degradation was not high within the experimented value. Among the experimented parameters, inside diameter of quartz tube and gas flow rate were most important parameters which are influenced the decomposition of RNO. Optimum inside diameter of quartz tube and gas flow rate were 7 mm and 4 L/min, respectively.
Dielectric Barrier Discharge;Water Plasma;OH radical;Design parameter;Wastewater treatment
- 박영식, 김동석, 2010, BDD 전극을 이용한 OH라디칼 생성과 염료 분해에 미치는 운전인자의 영향, 한국환경과학회지, 19(9), 1143-1152.
- 윤석현, 2008, 하이브리드 수중플라즈마 토치의 방전특성 연구, 석사학위논문, 경남대학교.
- 조진오, 2008, 저온 플라즈마를 이용한 폐수 중의 유기물분해에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 제주대학교.
Ha, D. Y., Cho, S. H., 2003, Comparison of
$UV/H_2O_2 $and $TiO_2$photocatalytic oxidation in the dyeing wastewater treatment efficiency, J. of KSEE., 25(9), 1123-1131.
- Hao, X., Zhou, M., Xin, Q., Lei, L., 2007, Pulsed discharge plasma induced Fenton-like reactions for the enhancement of the degradation of 4-chlorophenolin water, Chemosphere, 66, 2185-2192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2006.08.037
- Jung, J. K., 2009, Generation apparatus and method on the water plasma torch with high-density, Korean Patent, 10-0924649.
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2009, Removal of Rhodamine B in water by ultraviolet radiation combined with electrolysis(Ⅱ), Journal of the EnvironmentalSciences, 18(6), 667-674. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.6.667
- Kim, H. S., Hong, S. J., 2004, Surface treatment technology using low temperature/atmosphere pressure plasma, News & Information for ChemicalEngineers, 17(4), 21-27.
Li, M., Feng, C., Hu, W., Zhang, Z., Sugiura, N., 2009,Electrochemical degradation of phenol using electrodes of
$Ti/RuO_2-Pt $and $Ti/IrO_2-Pt$, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 162, 455-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.05.063
- Shi, J., Bian, W., Yin, X., 2009, Organic contaminants removal by the technique of pulsed high-voltage discharge in water, Journal of Hazardous Materials,171, 924-931. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.06.134
- Uhm, H. S., 2006, Atmospheric plasma and its applications, Journal of the Korean Vacuum Society, 15(2), 117-138.
- Villanueva-Rodríguez, M., Hernández-Ramírez, A., Peralta-Hernández, J. M., Bandala, E. R., Quiroz-Alfaro, M. A., 2009, Enhancing the electrochemical oxidation of acid-yellow 26 azo dye using borondoped diamond electrodes by addition of ferrous ion, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 167(1-3), 1226-1230. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.12.137
- Zhang, Y., Zheng, J., Qu, X., Chen, H., 2008, Design of a novel non-equilibrium plasma-based water treatment reactor, Chemosphere, 70, 1518-1524. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2007.09.013
- Zhang, Y., Zhou, M., Hao, X., Lei, L., 2007, Degradation mechanisms of 4-chlorophenol in a novel gas-liquid hybrid discharge reactor by pulsed high voltage system, Chemosphere, 67, 702-711. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2006.10.065
- Change of Hydroponic Components by Plasma Treatment vol.21, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.3.363
- Development of Multi Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Reactor for Water Treatment vol.22, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.7.863
- Disinfective Properties and Ozone Concentrations in Water and Air from an Ozone Generator and a Low-temperature Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Generator vol.22, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.8.937
- E. coli Disinfection Using a Multi Plasma Reactor vol.39, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2013.39.2.187
- Optimization of Gas Mixing-circulation Plasma Process using Design of Experiments vol.23, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.3.359
- Inactivation of Sewage Microorganisms using Multi-Plasma Process vol.23, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.5.985
- Improvement of Gas Dissolution Rate using Air Atomizing Nozzle vol.27, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2018.27.3.219
Supported by : 한국연구재단