- Volume 20 Issue 5
The sense of crisis on seriousness of earth environment is gradually getting greater and the importance of environment education followed by this trend is being highlighted. As an environment friendly New Environmental Paradigm opposed to the human Dominant Social Paradigm on the existing environment is on the rise, the environment education considers not only the perceptive field, but the definitive field and behavioral pattern to follow as important values. Accordingly, the basic awareness of students on environment was found out in order to perform a proper environment education and tried to find out the behavior pattern that the students have on environment on this basis. For the research tool of this study, the one that has revised the Revised NEP Scale for elementary school students which Geum, Ji Hun Kim, Jin Mo have validated the feasibility and reliability while the test paper was prepared by dividing into recycling behavior, energy preservation behavior and source of information. The target of this study was 600 students in sixth grade of elementary school residing in Kimhae, Gyeongsangnamdo while the mean, average, standard deviation, independent t-test and correlation analysis were performed using SPSS 15.0 statistics program for a total of 462 copies including 235 copies from male students and 227 copies from female students. The results of this study are as follows. First, everyone had high pro-NEP tendencies on the environmental problem with 4.14. On the other hand, the anti-NEP did not have high awareness standard with 2.98. Second, the awareness level on resource recycling was shown as being quite high with 4.05. Between NEP and resource recycling, a positive correlation of r=.155 was shown so that the awareness level on resource recycling was getting quite high as the awareness on environment problem was getting higher. Third, the awareness level on energy saving activity was shown as being very high with 3.0. Between NEP and resource recycling, a positive correlation of r=.210 so that the awareness level on energy saving was getting quite high as the awareness on environment problem was getting higher. Fourth, for the source of information on environmental problems of region, our country and global village, the television and internet were shown as main sources of information while the ratio of positive answers on teachers and region as sources of information was shown as quite low.
Environmental awareness;NEP scale;Elementary school students
- 김명균, 정철, 2007, 환경그리기를 통한 중학생의 환경인식 조사, 한국환경과학학회지, 16(4), 479-485. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.4.479
- 김미진, 2007, 환경친화적 행동에 미치는 주부들의 의식분석, 석사학위논문, 서울대학교.
- 김진동, 2005, 대학생의 환경관과 환경행동: 관광과목 수강자를 중심으로, 관광학연구, 28(4), 357-375.
- 권난주, 2003, 예비 초등교사들의 환경 인식 조사, 초등과학교육, 22(3), 281-287.
- 노경임, 2000, 환경관 분석틀의 개발 및 환경관에 따른 인식 특성 연구, 박사학위논문, 단국대학교.
- 오도교, 김세빈, 곽경호, 2006, 인구학적 속성에 따른 계룡산 국립공원 지역 주민의 관광영향 지각 차이, 농업과학연구, 33(1), 73-84.
- 금지헌, 김진모, 2009, 우리나라 초등학생용 NEP Scale의 타당화, 환경 교육, 22(4), 40-51.
- 서우석, 1999, 초둥학교 실과 교과를 통한 환경 교육의 방안, 실과교육연구, 5(1), 73-79.
- 심은옥, 2002, 현장체험 학습이 초등학생의 환경 의식과 환경행동실천에 미치는 효과, 석사학위논문, 경인교육대학교.
- 여호근, 강승구, 2002, 지속 가능한 관광에 대한 환경 인식에 따른 관광태도 차이, 관광레저연구, 14(1),69-84.
- 임광심, 2006, 초등학교 학생 및 교사의 환경인식 유형연구, 석사학위논문, 한국교원대학교.
- 임광심, 남상준, 2008, 초등학교 학생 및 교사의 환경 인식 유형 연구 - 새로운 환경 패러다임을 중심으로 - 사회과학교육연구, 15(2), 173-193.
- 정철, 2003, 지구 환경에 대한 예비 중등 교사의 환경 인식, 한국지구과학회지, 24(4), 273-279.
- 정철, 2004, 중학생의 환경세계관과 환경의식. 환경교육, 17(1), 122-131.
- Dunlap, R. E., Van Liere, K. D., 1978, The new environmental paradigm, J. Environmental Education,9(4), 10-19. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958964.1978.10801875
- Dunlap, R. E., Van Liere, K. D., Mertig, A. G., Jones, R. E., 2000, Measuring endorsement of the new ecological paradigm: A revised NEP scale, J. Social Issues, 56(3), 425-442. https://doi.org/10.1111/0022-4537.00176
- Dunlap, R. E., 2008, The new environmental paradigm scale : From marginality to worldwide ues, J. Environmental Education, 40(1), 3-18. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOEE.40.1.3-18
- Lee, E. B., 2008, Environmental attitudes and information sources among African American college students, J. Environmental Education, 40(1), 29-42. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOEE.40.1.29-42
- Lalonde, R., Jackson, E. L., 2002, The new environmental paradigm scale: Has it outlived its usefulness? J. Environmental Education, 33(4), 28-36. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958960209599151
- Monoli, C., Johnson, B., and Dunlap, R. E. (2007). Assessing Children's environmental worldviews: Modifying and Validating the new ecological paradigm scale for use with children, J. Environmental Education, 38(4), 3-13. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOEE.38.4.3-13
- Trobe, H. L., Acott, T. G., 2000, A modified NEP/DSP environmental attitudes scale, J. of Environmental Education, 32(1), 12-20. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958960009598667
- Shin, W. S., 2001, Reliability and factor structure of a korean version of the new environmental paradigm, J. Social Behavior and Personality, 16(1), 9-18.
- 1. A Comparative Analysis of Descriptions about the Acid Rain in the 10 year Science Textbooks according to the 7th Science Curriculum vol.22, pp.7, 2013, doi:10.5322/JES.2011.20.5.631
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 진주교육대학교