- Volume 25 Issue 2
The primary purpose of the present study was to investigate the mechanism causing scour around a pipeline placed on the seabed in a shallow water zone. Such submarine pipelines are usually exposed to currents and waves. The present experiments made estimates for each different flow type. The scour width and depth in the equilibrium scour phase were analyzed by non-dimensional parameters. The experiment in this study considered various parameters: pipe diameters, wave periods, wave heights, and current velocities. Using the experimental results, the correlations of scour width, scour depth, and main non-dimensional parameters such as the Fr number and KC number were analyzed. In the case of steady currents, the scour hole was closely related to the bottom velocity, while the scour hole in waves showed a relatively low correlation to the bottom velocity because when exposed to waves the scour hole was restricted according to the movement distance of the water particles during a wave period. However, the scour width under a steady current was not limited because vortex shedding was well developed from having enough time and distance.
Local scour hole;Scour width;Scour depth;Shallow water;Fr number;KC number;Pipeline
- 김경호, 오현식, 박재성, 이호진 (2004). "해저 바닥에 놓인 관로하의 파에 의한 국부세굴특성", 대한토목학회 논문집, 제24권, 제3B호, pp 247-257.
- Bearman, P.W. and Zdravkovich, M.M. (1978). "Flow around a Circular Cylinder Near a Plane Boundary", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol 89, No 1, pp 3347.
- Chiew, Y.M. (1990). "Mechanics of Local Scour around Submarine Pipe Lines", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol 116, No 4, pp 515-529. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1990)116:4(515)
- Chiew, Y.M. (1991). "Flow around Horizontal Circular Cylinder in Shallow Flows", Journal of Waterway, Port Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, Vol 117, No 2, pp 120-135. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(1991)117:2(120)
- Cevik, E. and Yuksel, Y. (1999). "Scour under Submarine Pipelines in Waves in Shoaling Conditions", Journal of Waterway, Port Coastal and Ocean Engineering, Vol 125, No 1, pp 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(1999)125:1(1)
- Herbich, J.B. (1981). Scour around Pipelines and Other Objects, Offshore Pipeline Design Elements, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 43-96.
- Jensen, B.L., Sumer, B.M., Jensen, H.R. and Fredsoe, J. (1990). "Flow around and Forces on a Pipeline Near a Scoured Bed in Steady Stream", Journal of Offshore Mech. and Arctic Engrg., Vol 112, pp 206-312. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2919858
- Kjeldsen, S.P., Gjorsvik, O. and Bringaker, K.G. (1973). "Local Scour Near Offshore Pipelines", Proc. Second Int. Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions Conf., pp 308-331.
- Sumer, B.M., Mao, Y. and Fredsoe, J. (1988). "Interaction between Vibrating Pipe and Erodible Bed", Journal of Waterway, Port Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, Vol 144, No 1, pp 81-92.
- Sumer, B.M. and Fredsoe, J. (1990). "Scour Below Pipelines in Waves", Journal of waterway, port Coastal and Ocean Eng., ASCE, Vol 116, No 3, pp 307-323. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(1990)116:3(307)
- Sumer, B.M. and Fredsoe, J. (1991). "Onset of Scour Below a Pipeline Exposed to Waves", Int. J. Offshore and Polar Eng., Vol 1, No 3, pp 189-194.
Supported by : 충북대학교