- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
CFD Analysis of Two-Dimensional Floating Body with Moon Pool under Forced Heave Motion
문풀을 가지는 2차원 부유체의 강제 상하동요에 대한 CFD 해석
- Heo, Jae-Kyung (Shipbuilding & Offshore Research Department, STX Institute of Technology) ;
- Park, Jong-Chun (Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Moo-Hyun (Department. of Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University)
- Received : 2011.03.08
- Accepted : 2011.04.22
- Published : 2011.04.30
A two-dimensional floating body with a moon pool under forced heave motion, including a piston mode, is numerically simulated. A dynamic CFD simulation is carried out to thoroughly investigate the flow field around a two-dimensional moon pool over various heaving frequencies. The numerical results are compared with experimental results and a linear potential program by Faltinsen et al. (2007). The effects of vortex shedding and viscosity are investigated by changing the corner shapes of the floating body and solving the Euler equation, respectively. The flow fields, including the velocity, vorticity, and pressure fields, are discussed to understand and determine the mechanisms of wave elevation, damping, and sway force.
Moonpool;Piston mode;Forced-heave motion;Dynamic simulation
- 배준환, 홍춘범, 곽현욱 (2009). "이동 격자법을 적용한 선박의 3차원 횡 동요 운동 수치 해석 연구", 한국해양과학기술협의회 공동학술대회 논문발표집, pp 632-640.
- 유재훈, 최순호 (2004). "Moonpool과 Azimuth Thruster를 장치한 Drillship의 저항성능 추정", 대한조선학회논문집, 제41권, 제6호, pp 33-39.
- 정성준, 박종천, 이병혁, 류민철, 김용수 (2008). "입자법에 의한 파랑중 2차원 부유체 운동 시뮬레이션", 한국해양공학회지, 제22권, 제2호, pp 20-27.
- Aalbers, A.B. (1984). "The Water Motions in a Moonpool", Ocean Engineering, Vol 11, No 6, pp 557-579. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-8018(84)90001-5
- Bunnik, T., Pauw, W. and Voogt, A. (2009). "Hydrodynamic Analysis for Side-By-Side Offloading", Proc. the 9th ISOPE, Osaka, Japan, pp 648-653.
- Carrica, P.M., Wilson, R.V., Noack and R.W., Stern, F. (2007). "Ship Motions using Single-Phase Level Set with Dynamic Overset Grids", Computers & Fluids, Vol 36, pp 1415-1433. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compfluid.2007.01.007
- Chen, X.-B. (2004). Hydrodynamic in Offshore and Naval Applications - Part I, Proc. ICHD 2004, Perth. Australia.
- English, J.W. (1976). "A Means of Reducing the Oscillations in Drillwells Caused by Vessel's Forward Speed", The Naval Architect, May, pp 88-90.
- Faltinsen, O.M., Rognebakke, O.F. and Timokham, A.N. (2007). "Two-Dimensional Resonant Piston-like Sloshing in a Moonpool", J. Fluid Mech., Vol 575, pp 359-397. https://doi.org/10.1017/S002211200600440X
- Fukuta, K. (1977). "Behavior of Water in Vertical Well with Bottom Opening of Ship and its Effects on Ship-Motion", J. SNAJ, Vol 141, pp 107-122.
- Gaillarde, G. and Coteleer, A. (2004). Water Motion in Moonpools - Empirical and Numerical Approach, Proc. ATMA-Association Technique Maritime et Aeronautique, Paris, France.
- Hong, S.Y., Kim, J.H., Cho, S.K., Choi, Y.R. and Kim, Y.S. (2005). "Numerical and Experimental Study on Hydrodynamic Interaction of Side-by-Side Moored Multiple Vessels", Ocean Engineering, Vol 32, pp 783-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.10.003
- Kristiansen, T. and Faltinsen, O.M. (2008). "Application of a Vortex Tracking Method to the Piston-like Behaviour in a Semi-Entrained Vertical Gap", Applied Ocean Research, Vol 30, pp 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2008.02.003
- Kim, K.-H., Kim, Y. and Kim, M.-S. (2008). "Time-Domain Analysis of Motion Responses of Adjacent Multiple Floating Bodies in Waves", Proc. ISOPE, Vancouver, Canada, pp 301-307.
- Koo, B.J. and Kim, M.H. (2005). "Hydrodynamic Interactions and Relative Motions of Two Floating Platforms with Mooring Lines in Side-by-Side Offloading Operation", Applied Ocean Research, Vol 27, pp 292-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2006.02.001
- Molin, B. (2001). "On the Piston and Sloshing Modes in Moonpools", J. Fluid Mech. Vol 430, pp 27-50. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112000002871
- Park, J.-C., Kim, M.-H. and Miyata, H. (1999). "Fully Non-linear Free-Surface Simulations by a 3D Viscous Numerical Wave Tank", Int. J. for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol 29, pp 685-703. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0363(19990330)29:6<685::AID-FLD807>3.0.CO;2-D
- Sato, T., Miyata, H. and Sato, T. (2000). "CFD Simulation of 3-Dimensional Motion of a Ship in Waves: Application to an Advancing Ship in Regular Heading Waves", Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol 4, No 3, pp 108-116. https://doi.org/10.1007/s007730050013
- Van't Veer, R. and Tholen, H.J. (2008). Added Resistance of Moonpools in Calm Water, Proc. ASME 27th Intn'l Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, OMAE 2008-57246., Estoril, Portugal.
- Experimental and Numerical Study on the Flow Reduction in the Moonpool of Floating Offshore Structure vol.141, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4040799