- Volume 25 Issue 2
In view of the importance of material reduction because of the jump in oil and steel prices, structural design studies for lifting lugs were performed. Hundreds of thousands of such lifting lug structures are needed every year for ship construction. A direct design study was reviewed using the developed design system to increase the design efficiency and provide a way of directly inserting a designer's decisions into the design system process. In order to understand the design efficiency and convenience of a lug structure, parametric studies for prototype lug shapes were performed using the developed design system. From these design studies, various patterns of design parameters for the lug structure according to changes in the main plate length were examined. Based on these parametric study results, design guides were developed for more efficiently suggesting structural data for enormous lug structures. Additionally, a more detailed structural analysis through local strength evaluations will be performed to verify the efficiency of the optimum structural design for a lug structure.
Lifting lug;Shackle pin;Lug strength;Optimum structural design;Parametric design study
- 함주혁 (2001). "탑재용 러그 구조의 설계 시스템 개발", 대한조선학회논문집, 제38권 제1호, pp 86-98.
- 김외현, 김정제 (1998). "합리적인 선박구조설계를 위한 선체종 강도의 신뢰성해석", 한국해양공학회지, 제12권, 제4호, pp 8-15.
- 함주혁, 김동진 (2009). "하이브리드 구조설계 시스템을 이용한 선박블록 탑재용 러그구조의 고찰 ", 한국해양공학회지, 제23권, 제2호, pp 104-109.
- 함주혁 (1997). "선박블록 탑재용 러그구조의 설계합리화를 위한 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제11권, 제4호, pp 249-262.
- 함주혁 (2008). "고속 경구조선 알루미늄 판부재의 구조강도 고찰", 한국해양공학회지, 제22권, 제2호, pp 91-98.
- Lasdon, L.S. and Waren, A.D. (1978). Generalized Reduced Gradient Software for Linearly and Nonlinearly Constrained Problems. in : Greenberg, H.J. (Ed.) Designand Implementation of Optimization Software, Sijthoff and Noordhoff, Holland, pp 335-362.