- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Feasibility Study on High Speed Craft Considering Environment in South Korea
우리나라 운항환경을 고려한 소형 고속정의 타당성 분석
Lee, Soon-Sup;Kang, Dong-Hoon;Shin, Sung-Chul
- Received : 2010.10.18
- Accepted : 2011.04.22
- Published : 2011.04.30
The Korea navy has a vital national interest in maritime security. The national strategy for maritime security focuses on preventing terrorism, crime, and hostile acts in the maritime domain. This requires the development of high speed crafts for maritime security in the South Korea domain. This paper reviews the state of the art on the development of high speed craft internationally, including efforts by the U.S. navy, and analyses the riverine environment to operate high speed crafts in South Korea. This paper makes specific proposals for high speed craft such as their main dimensions, speed, endurance, hull structure material, propulsion system, and general arrangement and 3D shape. This paper was used in the generation of basic resources for future ROC (requirement of capability) of high speed crafts using an engineering methodology.
High speed craft;Feasibility study;Speed;Arrangement;Propusion system;Riverine environment
- 육근형 (2005). "서해연안 접경지역의 생태․환경적 중요성 및 남북한 해양환경 보전 협력방향", 월간 해양수산 통권 제252호.
- 이순섭 (2009). 연안 및 내륙수로 환경하 군사작전을 위한 차기 특수 주정 운용개념 및 전력구축 방안, 경상대학교 보고서.
- 합동참모본부 (2006). 합동․연합작전군사용어사전, 합동참모본부.
- Robert, B., Fred, E., Peter, S., Scott, S. and Major, S. (2006). Renewal of Navy's Riverine Capability: A Preliminary Examination of Past, Current and Future Capabilities, US Naval Operations and Support Team Operations Evaluation Group.
- Shafer, J.R. (2001). What the Heck is 'Small Craft Company' Anyway?, arine Corps Gazete.