- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Data Acquisition of Time Series from Stationary Ergodic Random Process Spectrums
정상 에르고드성을 가지는 확률과정 스펙트럼에 대한 합리적 시계열 데이터 확보
- Park, Jun-Bum (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Su (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Choung, Joon-Mo (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Woo (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Yoo, Chang-Hyuk (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Ha, Yeong-Su (Dept., of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Inha University)
- 박준범 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 김경수 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 정준모 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 김재우 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 유창혁 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 하영수 (인하대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2011.03.10
- Accepted : 2011.04.22
- Published : 2011.04.30
The fatigue damages in structural details of offshore plants can be accumulated due to various environmental loadings such as swell, wave, wind and current. It is known that load histories acting on mooring and riser systems show stationary and ergodic bimodal wide-banded process. This paper provides refined approach to obtain time signals representing stress range histories from wide-banded bimodal spectrum which consists of ideally narrow-banded and fully separated two spectrums. Variations of the probabilistic characteristics for time signals according to frequency and sampling time increments are compared with the reference data to be the probabilistic characteristics such as zero-crossing period, peak period, and irregularity factor obtained from an assumed ideal spectrum. It is proved that the sampling time increment more affects on the probabilistic characteristics than frequency increment. The fatigue damages according to the frequency and sampling time increments are also compared with the ones with minimum increment condition which are thought to be exact fatigue damage. It is concluded that the maximum sampling time increment to obtain reliable time signals should be determined that ratio of applied maximum sampling time increment and minimum period is less than approximately 0.08.
Stationary ergodic random Process;Spectrum;Zero-crossing period;Peak period;Irregularity factor;Sampling time increment;Frequency increment
- API - American Petroleum Institute (2005). Design and Analysis of Stationkeeping Systems for Floating Structures, RP-2SK, 3rd Edition.
- Benasciutti, D. and Tovo, R. (2005). "Spectral Methods for Lifetime Prediction under Wide-Band Stationary Random Processes", International Journal of Fatigue, Vol 27, No 8, pp 867-877. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2004.10.007
- Choung, J.M., Joung, J.H., Choo, M.H. and Yoon, K.Y. (2007). "Development of Fully Stochastic Fatigue Analysis Program for Offshore Floaters", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 44, No 4, pp 425-438. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.4.425
- Dirlik, T. (1985). Application of Computers in Fatigue Analysis, PhD thesis, University of Warwick.
- Hino, M. (2000). Spectrum Analysis, Translated by Kim, N.H. and Shim, K.S., Sciencebook Press: Seoul.
- Lim, Y.C., Kim, K.S. and Choung, J.M. (2011). "Fatigue Damage Combination for Spread Mooring System under Stationary Random Process with Bimodal Spectrum Characteristics", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 47, No 6, pp 813-820. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2010.47.6.813
- Matsuishi, M. and Endo, T. (1968). Fatigue of Metals Subjected to Varying Stress, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Miner, M.A. (1945). "Cumulative Damage in Fatigue", Trans. ASME, J. Applied Mechanics, Vol 67, pp A159-A164.
- Rychlik, I. (1987). "A New Definition of the Rainflow Cycle Counting Method", International Journal of Fatigue, Vol 9, No 2, pp 119-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/0142-1123(87)90054-5
- Wirsching, P.H. and Light, C.L. (1980). "Fatigue under Wide Band Random Stresses", Journal of the Structural Division, Vol 106, No 7, pp 1593-1607.
- Comparison of Fatigue Damage Models of Spread Mooring Line for Floating Type Offshore Plant vol.27, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.5.063
- Fatigue Damage Model Comparison with Tri-modal Spectrum under Stationary Gaussian Random Processes vol.28, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.3.185
- A Study on the Riser Fatigue Analysis Using a Quarter-modal Spectrum vol.53, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2016.53.6.514