- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Fertilizer Value of Animal Cadavers for Agricultural Recycling
폐가축사체의 농업적 재활용을 위한 비료 가치 평가
- Seo, Dong-Cheol (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Kang, Se-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Choi, Ik-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Sung, Hwan-Hoo (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Hur, Tai-Young (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Yoo, Ji-Young (Soil and Groundwater Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Young-Joon (Soil and Groundwater Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Heo, Jong-Soo (Division of Applied Life Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kang, Seog-Jin (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Cho, Ju-Sik (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University)
- 서동철 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 강세원 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 최익원 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 성환후 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 허태영 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 유지영 (국립환경과학원 토양지하수 연구과) ;
- 이영준 (국립환경과학원 토양지하수 연구과) ;
- 허종수 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 강석진 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 조주식 (순천대학교 생물환경학과)
- Received : 2011.09.14
- Accepted : 2011.10.14
- Published : 2011.10.31
To evaluate fertilizer value of animal cadavers for agricultural recycling, fertilizer components of animal cadavers by pig and poultry were investigated using rendering and alkali (KOH) treatment methods. Total nitrogen concentrations in meat waste by pig and poultry using rendering treatment method were 7.80% and 9.30%, respectively. Total nitrogen concentration in meat waste of pig by KOH treatment method was lower than that by rendering treatment method. Organic matter concentrations in meat waste of pig and poultry ranged 87.8~97.4%. Total phosphorus concentrations in bone waste of pig using rendering and KOH treatment methods ranged 5.59~11.18%. Animal cadavers contains nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients essential to plant growth. The results of this study suggest that animal cadavers can supply some of the nutrient requirements of crops and is a valuable fertilizer as well.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Davies, R.H. and C. Wray. 1996. Seasonal variations in the isolation of Salmonella typhimurium, Salmonella enteritidis, Bacillus cereus and Clostridium perfringens from environmental samples. J. Vet. Med. B 43:119-127.
- Det Norske Veritas. 2003. Independent environmental and public health risk assessment of DEFRA foot and mouth disease disposal site (No. 20073900). Oslo, Norway.
- Glanville, T.D. 1993. Groundwater impacts of on farm livestock burial. IGWA Quarterly 4:21-22.
- Hill, D.T. 1977. A dynamic model for simulation of animal waste digestion. JSTOR. 49:2129-2130.
- Jeon, W.T., H.M. Park, C.Y. Park, K.D. Park, Y.S. Cho, E.S. Yun, and U.G. Kang. 2003. Effects of liquid pig manure application on rice growth and environment of paddy soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 36:333-343.
- Kim, K.H. 2008. The management plan of environmental pollution by animals burying. Ministry of Environment, Korea (In Korean).
- Kim, KH., K.R. Kim, H.S. Kim, G.T. Lee, and K.H. Lee. 2010. Assessment soil and groundwater contamination at two animal carcass disposal sites. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:384-389.
- Lee, S.T., D.C. Seo, J.S. Cho, R.A. Dahlgren, and J.S. Heo. 2010. Effect of annual and basal dressing with liquid pig manure on growth and quality of rice in double cropping system of rice-malting barley. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:624-630.
- Rural Development Administration. 2006. Method of physiochemical examination by fertilizer. p. 144-234. Korea.
- Rural Development Administration. 2010. Official standard setting and designation by fertilizer. Korea.
- Yun, H.B., S.G. Han, J.S. Lee, Y.J. Lee, M.S. Kim, and Y.B. Lee. 2010. Pig manure compost and urea application effects on chinese cabbage in different soil fertility. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:962-967.
- Liquid-Composting Conditions of By-product Obtained from Degradation of Animal Carcass for Agriculture Recycling vol.32, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2013.32.4.348
- Effect of Sawdust Mixing Ratio on Composting of Animal Cadaver Residue Using Rendering Treatment Method vol.45, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.3.404
- Selection of Optimal Degradation Agents for Hydrolysis of Animal Cadavers vol.45, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.241
- Degradation Rate and Velocity under Different Acidic and Alkaline Degradation Agents for Liquid Fertilizer of Rendering By-product vol.45, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.810