- Volume 15 Issue 3
The inelastic displacement ratio is defined as the ratio of the peak inelastic displacement to the peak linear elastic displacement. The inelastic displacement ratio allows simple evaluation of the peak inelastic displacement directly from the peak elastic displacement without computation of the inelastic response. Existing research of the inelastic displacement ratio is limited to piece-wise linear systems such as bilinear or stiffness degrading systems. In this paper, the inelastic displacement ratio is investigated for smooth hysteretic behavior systems subjected to near- and far-fault earthquakes. A simple formula of the inelastic displacement ratio is proposed by using a two step procedure of regression analysis.
- Veletsos, A.S., and Newmark, N.M., "Effect of inelastic behavior on the response of simple systems to earthquake motions," Proceedings of the 2nd World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 2, 895-912, 1960.
- Song, J.K., and Pincheira, J.A., "Spectral Displacement Demands of Stiffness- and Strength-Degrading Systems," Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 16, Issue 4, 817-851, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586141
- Ruiz-Garcia, J., and Miranda, E., "Inelastic displacement ratios for evaluation of structures built on soft soil sites," Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 35, 679-694, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.552
- Ruiz-Garcia, J., and Miranda, E., "Inelastic displacement ratios for evaluation of existing structures," Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 32, 1237-1258, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.271
- Hatzigeorgiou, G.D., and Beskos, D.E., "Inelastic displacement ratios for SDOF structures subjected to repeated earthquakes," Engineering Structures, Vol. 31, 2744-2755, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.07.002
- Mollaioli, F., and Bruno, S., "Influence of site effects on inelastic displacement ratios for SDOF and MDOF systems," Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 55, 184-207, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2007.04.005
- Hong, H.P., and Jiang, J., "Ratio between peak inelastic and elastic responses with uncertain structural properties," Can. J. Civ. Eng., Vol. 31, 703-711, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1139/l04-048
- Chopra, A.K., and Chintanapakdee, C., "Inelastic deformation ratios for design and evaluation of structures: Single-degree-of-freedom bilinear systems," Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 130, No. 9, 1309-1319, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2004)130:9(1309)
- 송종걸, "비탄성 응답스펙트럼에 대한 완만한 곡선형 이력거동의 영향,"한국지진공학회 논문집, 제14권, 제1호, 1-9, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.1.001
- Peng B.F., Conte J.P., "Statistical insight into constantductility design using a non-stationary earthquake ground motion model." Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 26, 895-916, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199709)26:9<895::AID-EQE683>3.0.CO;2-G
- Newmark, N.M., Hall, W.J., "Earthquake spectra and design," Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Univ. of California at Berkeley, 1982.