- Volume 6 Issue 4
A novel passive boost power converter forsingle-phaseswitched reluctance motor is presented. A simple passive circuit is proposed comprisingthree diodes and one capacitor. The passive circuitis added in the front-end of a conventional asymmetric converter to obtain high negative bias. Based on this passive network, the terminal voltage of the converter side is a general DC-link voltage level in parallel mode up to a double DC-link voltage level in series mode. Thus,it can suppress the negative torque generation from the tail current and improve the output power. The results of the comparative simulation and experiments forthe conventional and proposed converter verify the performance of the proposed converter.
Switched reluctance motor;Passive boost power converter;High demagnetization voltage
- R. Krishnan, "Switched Reluctance Motor Drives: Modeling, Simulation, Analysis, Design, and Applications", CRC Press, 2001.
- Jin-Woo Ahn, "Torque Control-Chap.8 Switched Reluctance Motor",http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/switched-reluctance-motor,Intech Publisher. Feb, 2011.
- A. Dahmane, F. Meebody, F.-M.Sargos, "A novel boost capacitor circuit to enhance the performance of the switched reluctance motor", Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2001. 17-21 June 2001 pp:844-849.
- S. Chan, H. R. Bolton, "Performance enhancement of single-phase switched-reluctance motor by DC link voltage boosting", Electric Power Applications, IEE Proceedings B Vol 140,Issue 5, vol.2, Sept. 1993 pp:316-322. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-b.1993.0039
- K. I. Hwu, C. M. Liaw, "DC-link voltage boosting and switching control for switched reluctance motor drives" Electric Power Applications, Vol 147, Issue 5, Sept. 2000 pp:337-344. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20000540
- J. D. Lewis, H. R. Bolton, and N. W. Phillips, "Performance enhancement of single and two phase SR drives using a capacitor boost circuit," in European Power Electronics and Applications Conf. Rec., vol. 3, 1995, pp: 229-232.
- G. Dessouky, B. W. Williams, and J. E. Fletcher, "A novel power converter with voltage boosting capacitors for a four-phase SRM drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 45, no. 5, pp: 815-823, Oct. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.720339
- J. Liang, D.-H. Lee, J.-W. Ahn, "Direct instantaneous torque control of switched reluctance machines using 4-level converters", Electric Power Applications, IET Transactions on, Vol. 3, Issue: 4 July 2009, pp: 313-323. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2008.0002
- J. Liang, D.-H. Lee,J.-W. Ahn,"Analysis of Passive Boost Converter for Three-Phase SR Drive,"IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no.9, pp:2961-2971, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2040558
- D.-H. Lee, J. Liang, J.-W.Ahn, "Series-Parallel connected capacitor type boost conveter for a singlephase SRM," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol.10, No.4, pp388-395,July 2010 https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2010.10.4.388
- High Efficiency High-Step-up Single-ended DC-DC Converter with Small Output Voltage Ripple vol.15, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.4.505
- Single-Ended High-Efficiency Step-up Converter Using the Isolated Switched-Capacitor Cell vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.4.505
- SiC-MOSFET Converter for Switched Reluctance Motors vol.135, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.4.505