- Volume 19 Issue 1
The purpose of this paper is to investigate the time behavior of a multiple crack problems. It is assumed that the medium contains cracks perpendicular to the crack surfaces, that the thermo-mechanical properties are continuous functions of the thickness coordinate. we use the laminated composite plate model to simulate the material non-homogeneity. By utilizing the Laplace transform and Fourier transform techniques, the multiple crack problems in the non-homogeneous medium is formulated. Singular integral equations are derived and solved to investigate the multiple crack problems. As a numerical illustration, transient thermal stress intensity factors(TSIFs) for a functionally graded material plate subjected to sudden heating on its boundary are provided. The variation in the TSIFs due to the change in material gradient and the crack position is studied.
Supported by : 인하공업전문대학
- 김귀섭, "비정상 열 하중을 받는 이질재료의 열량 집중 계수 해석", 한국항공운항학회지, 제16권 4호, 2008, pp. 26-34.
- Saito, M., and Takahashi, H., 1990, "Develop ment of Small Punch Test Procedure for FGM Fabrication," in Yamanouchi, M., et al. (eds.), FG M-90, Proc. Fist Int. Symposium on Functionall y Gradient Materials, FGM Forum, Tokyo, Japa n, pp. 297-305.
- Noda, N., and Jin, Z. H., 1993a, "Thermal Stress Intensity Factors for a Crack in a Function ally Gradient Material," International Journal of Solids and Structure, Vol. 30, pp. 1039-1056. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(93)90002-O
- Noda, N., and Jin, Z. H., 1993b, "Steady Th ermal Stresses in an Infinite Non-Homogeneous Elastic Solid Containing a Crack," Journal of The rmal Stresses, Vol. 16, pp. 181-197. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739308946224
- Noda, N., and Jin, Z. H., 1994, "A Crack in a Functionally Gradient Material Under Therma l Shock," Arch. Appl. Mech., Vol. 64, pp. 99-110.
- Jin, Z. H., and Noda, N., 1994a"Transient T hermal Stress Intensity Factors for a Crack in a Semi-Infinite Plate of a Functionally Gradient M aterial," International Journal of Solids and Struc ture, Vol. 31, pp. 203-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(94)90050-7
- Jin, Z. H., and Noda, N., 1994b"Edge Crack in a Nonhomogeneous Half Plane Under Therm al Loading," Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 1 7, pp. 591-599. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739408946281
- Erdogan, F., and Wu, B. H., 1996,"Crack Pro blem in FGM layers Under Thermal Stresses," Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 19, pp. 237-265. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739608946172
- Nemat-Alla, M., and Noda, N., 1996, "Study o f an Edge Crack Problem in a Semi-infinite Fun ctionally Graded Medium with Two Dimension ally Non-homogeneous Coefficients of Thermal Expansion Under Thermal Loading," Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 19, pp. 863-888. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739608946211
- Jin, Z. H., and Batra, R. C., 1996a,"Stress In tensity Relaxation at the Tip of an Edge Crack i n a Functionally Graded Materials Subjected to a Thermal Shock,"Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 19, pp. 317-339. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739608946178
- Noda, N., 1997,"Thermal Stress Intensity Fa ctor for Functionally Gradient Plate with an Ed ge Crack,"Journal of Thermal Stresses, Vol. 20, pp. 373-387. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739708956108