- Volume 36 Issue 5C
DOI QR Code
Wiener Filter Based Denoising Algorithm for Demosaicking
디모자이킹을 위한 Wiener Filter 기반의 디노이징 알고리듬
- Received : 2011.02.06
- Accepted : 2011.05.06
- Published : 2011.05.31
In most digital cameras, images are obtained by a sensor overlaid by the color filter array (CFA) such as Bayer, demanding a demosaicking procedure to rebuild the full resolution color images. However, due to the nature of sensor, it is necessary to consider denoising step to remove the noise. In this paper, we analyze demosaicking and denoising jointly and show that the proposed method can solve the denoising issue by simple manner, well suppress different level of noises. The proposed algorithm yields comparable performances measured by several image quality assessment (CPSNR, SCIELAB, and FSIM), while the computational cost is low.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- R. Lukac and K.N. Plataniotis, "Color filter arrays: Design and performance analysis," IEEE Trans. Consum. Electron., Vol.51, No.4, pp. 1260-1267, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2005.1561853
- B.E. Bayer, "Color Imaging Array," U.S. Patent 3 971 065, 1976.
- J.E. Adams, "Interactions between color plane interpolation and other image processing functions in electronic photography," Proc. SPIE, Vol.2416, pp.144-151, 1995.
- K. Irie, "Noise-limited scene-change detection in images," Unpublished Doctor of Philosophy dissertation. Lincoln University, 2009.
- K. Hirakawa, X.-L. Meng, and P. J. Wolfe, "A framework for wavelet-based analysis and processing of color filter array images with applications to denoising and demosaicking," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vol.I, Apr. 2007, pp.597- 600.
- D. L. Donoho, "De-noising by soft-thresholding," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Vol.41, No.3, pp.613-627, May 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.382009
- S. G. Chang, B. Yu, and M. Vetterli, "Adaptive wavelet thresholding for image denoising and compression," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.9, No.9, pp.1532-1546, Sept. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.862633
- J. Portilla, V. Strela, M. J. Wainwright, and E. P. Simoncelli, "Image denoising using scale mixtures of gaussians in the wavelet domain," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.12, No.11, pp.1338-1351, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.818640
- L. Zhang, X. Wu, and D. Zhang, "Color reproduction from noisy CFA data of single sensor digital cameras," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.16, No.9, pp.2184-2197, Sept. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2007.901807
- L. Zhang, R. Lukac, X. Wu, and D. Zhang, "PCA-based spatially adaptive denoising of CFA images for single-sensor digital cameras," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.18, No.4, pp.797-812, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.2011384
- K. Hirakawa and T. W. Parks, "Joint demosaicing and denoising," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.15, No.8, pp.2146-2157, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2006.875241
- D. Paliy, V. Katkovnik, R. Bilcu, S. Alenius, and K. Egiazarian, "Spatially adaptive color filter array interpolation for noiseless and noisy data," International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, Vol.17, No.3, pp.105-122, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/ima.20109
- D. Menon and G. Calvagno, "Joint demosaicking and denoising with space-varying filters," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Image Processing, 2009, pp.477-480.
- D. Alleysson, S. Susstrunk, and J. Herault, "Linear demosaicing inspired by the human visual system," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.14, No.4, pp.439-449, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2004.841200
- E. Dubois, "Frequency-domain methods for demosaicking of Bayer-sampled color images," IEEE Signal Processing Lett., Vol.12, No.12, pp.847-850, Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2005.859503
- E. Dubois, "Filter design for adaptive frequency-domain Bayer demosaicking," in Proc. of IEEE ICIP, Atlanta, USA, Oct. 2006.
- A. Foi, M. Trimeche, V. Katkovnik, and K. Egiazarian, "Practical Poissonian-Gaussian noise modeling and fitting for singleimage raw-data," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.17, No.10, pp.1737-1754, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.2001399
- G. Jeon, T.-y. Jung, D. Kim, S. Kim, and J. Jeong, "Demosaicing algorithm by gradient edge detection filtering on color component," Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol.34, No.12, pp.1138-1146, Dec. 2009. (in Korean).
- Available: http://white.stanford.edu/-brian/sciel ab/
- Available: http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/-cslzhang/IQA/FSIM/FSIM.htm
- K, Irie, A. E. McKinnon, K. Unsworth, and I. M. Woodhead, "A technique for evaluation of CCD video-camera noise," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol.18, No.2, pp.280-284, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.913972