- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research on the detection of LCN DNA from traces on firearms
총기 흔적흔에서의 low copy number(LCN) DNA 검출에 관한 연구
- Jeon, Chung-Hyun (Dept. of Scientific Criminal Investigation, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Sung-Woo (Dept. of Scientific Criminal Investigation, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.12.24
- Accepted : 2011.01.25
- Published : 2011.02.25
Genetic Identification has become an important forensic investigation method which discerns identity through analysis of physical samples discovered in various crime scenes. Recently more samples are being requested to undergo A-STR analysis of low copy number (LCN) DNA, which is known as touch evidence-type sample and left on various objects such as a pen briefly used by the criminal, the gear of the car used for driving, the handle, and various buttons inside a car. This research attempted to extract the LCN DNA of the touch evidencetype left on crushed fingerprints on firearms, etc. and examine the genotyping success rate. Four types of firearms (M16, K1A, COLT 45 Pistol, M29 Revolver) were fired individually and physical samples were gathered from four parts of each firearm. Subsequently, in order to extract the LCN DNA, Microkit and
- C. H. Jeon and S. W. Park, Anal. Sci. Tech., 23, 322-329(2010). https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2010.23.3.322
- K. N. Ballantyne, R. A. and Oorschot, R. J. Mitchell., J. Forensic Sci. Int., 166, 35-41(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2006.03.022
- R. A., Wickenheiser, J. Forensic Sci., 47, 442-450(2002).
- G. N. Jin, S. K. Lim, K. S. Kim, S. O. Moon, M. K. Cha, S. N. Han, H. S. Choi, K. L. Lee, E. J. Lee, D. H. Choi and M. S. Han, Korean Journal of Forensic Science, 10, 58-62(2009).
- P. Gill, J. Whitaker, C. Flaxman, N. Brown and J. Buckleton, J. Forensic Sci. Int. 112, 17-40(2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(00)00158-4
- J. P. Whitaker, E. A. Cotton and P. Gill, J. Forensic Sci. Int. 123, 215-223(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(01)00557-6
- P. Gill, Croat. Med. J., 42, 229-232(2001).