- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A identification of sprayed fire-resistive materials by near-infrared spectroscopy
근적외선 분광 분석법을 이용한 내화뿜칠재 일치성분석
- Received : 2010.11.22
- Accepted : 2011.02.17
- Published : 2011.04.25
To protect the steel structure in a high story buildings from fire, the sprayed fire-resistive materials are applied during the construction. Current standard methods to check the quality of sprayed fire-resistive materials are real fire test in lab, which take a long time (several weeks) and expensive. In this study, a simple analytical method to check the quality of sprayed fire-resistive materials is developed using Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR). Total 9 kinds of sprayed fire-resisted materials and 3 kinds of normal sprayed material sets were used for the analysis. Each set of materials was 50 to 100 samples. Samples are grinded and make a fine powder. The spectral data acquisition was carried out using FT-NIR spectrometer with a integrating sphere. NIR methods successfully identify the sprayed fire resistive materials by a principle component analysis (PCA) after a vector normalization (SNV) pretreatment.
NIR spectrometer;FT-NIR;Fire-resistive materials;PCA
- F. T. Walder and M. J. Smith, Quantitative Aspects of Near-Infrared Fourier Transform Raman Spectroscopy, Spectrochim Acta, 1202-1216(1991).
- Williams, Phil and Norris, Karl, Near-Infrared Technology in the Agricultural and Food Industry, American Association of Cereal Chemists, Inc., Minnesota, U.S.A., 201(1987).
- J. W. Hall and A. Pollard, Near-Infrared Spectrophotometry, a New Dimension in Clinical Chemistry, Clim Chem., 1623-1631(1992).
- J. D. Kirsch and J. K. Drennen, Determinatin of Film Coated Tablet Parameters by Near-infrered Spectroscopy. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 1273-1281(1995).
- L. Weyer, Near Infrered Spectroscopy of Organic Substances, Appl. Spectrosc Rev., 1-43(1985).
- J. A. Panford, P. C. Williams and J. M. deMan, Analysis of Oilseeds for Protein, Oil, Fiber and Moisture by Near-Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy, JAOCS, 65, 1627(1988). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02912567
- W. J. Jasper and E. T. Kovacs, Using Neutral Networks and NIR Spectrophotometry to Identify Fibers, Textile Res. J., 64, 444(1994). https://doi.org/10.1177/004051759406400803
- Y. B. Kim, Studies on the Chemical Analysis in Raw Meat and Meat Product by Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, Seoul Nation University, Ph. D. Thesis, 1996.
- V. Venkatasubramanian, R. Rengaswamy, S. N. Kavuri and K. Yin, A Review of Process Fault Detection and Diagnosis Part III, Process History Based Methods., Comput. Chem., 327-346(2003).
- G. Lee, C. Han and E. S. Yoon, Multiple-Fault Diagnosis of the Tennessee Eastman Process Based on System Decomposition and Dynamic PLS Ind., Chem. Res., 8037-8048(2004).
- H. Y. Cen and Y. He, Theory and application of near infrared reflectance spectroscopy, Food Sci. Technol., 18, 72-83(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2006.09.003
- Yang Liu, Alian Wang, John J. Freeman, Raman, Mir, and Nir Spectroscopic Study of Calcium Sulfates: GYPSum, Bassanite, And Anhydrite. 40th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, 2128(2009).
- L. H. Chiang, E. L. Russell and R. D. Braatz, Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Industrial Systems, Springer, London, 2001.