- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Determination of metabolites of prostanozol in human urine by LC/ESI/MS and GC/TOF-MS
LC/ESI/MS와 GC/TOF-MS를 이용한 인체뇨시료에서의 Prostanozol 대사체 검출
- Yum, Tae-Woo (Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Paeng, Ki-Jung (Department of Chemsitry, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Yun-Je (Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2011.03.28
- Accepted : 2011.04.13
- Published : 2011.06.25
This research examined prostanozol and its metabolites in urine of women who took the medicine (prostanozol). Prostanozol and its metabolites were successfully separated and detected by using LC/ESI/MS and GC/TOF-MS. Mass spectrum of LC/ESI/MS estimated molecular weight of Prostanozol and its metabolites and that of GC/TOF-MS verified them. For M1, carbon number 17 of Prostanozol substituted to a keto group and it is called 17-keto-Prostanozol. M2 turned out to be hydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. It came from substitution of one hydroxyl group of pyrazole nucleus and A-ring of M1. Substitution of one hydroxyl group of B-ring or C-ring became M3, hydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. M4 was found to be a hydroxy-17-keto-Prostsnozol transposed from one hydroxyl group to a D-ring. M5 has a hydroxyl group of carbon number 17. One hydroxyl group is substituted from B-ring or C-ring and it is assumed to be hydroxy-17-hydroxy-Prostanozol. M6 was turned out to be dihydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol transposed from one hydroxyl group to pyrazole nucleus or A-ring and to B-ring or C-ring. Like M6, M7 has a keto group at carbon number 17 and was identified as dihydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. M7 has one hydroxyl group at pyrazole nucleus or A-ring and also at D-ring. At last M8 was found to be dihydroxy-17-hydroxy-Prostanozol. Pyrazole nucleus or A-ring has got one hydroxyl group and other rings were substituted to another hydroxyl group. From above, M5, M7 and M8 were verified as new metabolites that were not discovered yet. Prostanozol and all of the 8 metabolites formed glucuronic conjugates as a result of conjugation reaction test in human body. Some of 8 metabolites were excreted without forming conjugates. Particularly M6 and M7 were excreted as sulfate conjugates.
Prostanozol;metabolites;liquid chromatography;gas chromatography;time-of-flight (TOF)
Supported by : KIST
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), "The 2005 Prohibited List International Standard", 2005.
- G. Rodchenkov, T. Sobolevsky and V. Sizoi, 24th Cologne Workshop on Dope Analysis, Proceedings of the manfred Donike Workshop, Recent Advances in Doping Analysis, 14, 141-150 (2006).
- A. G. Frakaki, Y. S. Angelis, A. Tsantili-Kakoulidou, M. Koupparis and C. Georgakopoupos, J. Steroid Biochem. Mol. Biol., 115, 44-61 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsbmb.2009.02.016
- C. G. Georgakopoulos, A. Vonaparti, M. Stamou, P. Kiousi, E. Y. S. Angelis, G. Tsoupras, B. Wuest, M. W. F. Nielen, I. Panderi and M. Koupparis, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 21, 2439-2446 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.3103
- K. Maria, Parr, M. Gütschow, J. Daniels, G. Opfermann, M. Thevis, W. Schanzer, Steroids, 74, 322-328 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2008.11.006
- V. Ferchud, B. L. Bizec, M. P. Montrade, D. Maumeand F. Monteau, J. Chromatogr. B., 695, 269-277 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4347(97)00124-2
- S. Poelmanas, K. De Wasch, H. F. De Brabander, M. Van De Wiele, D. Courtheyn, L. A. Van Ginkel, S. S. Sterk, P. H. Delahaut, M. Dubois, R. Schilt, M. Nielen, J. Vercammen, S. Impens, R. Stephany, T. Hamoir, G Pottie, C. Van Poucke and C. Van Peteghem, Anal. Chim. Acta, 473, 39-47 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-2670(02)00672-4
- S. J. Gaskell, J. Mass. Spectrom., 32, 677-688 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9888(199707)32:7<677::AID-JMS536>3.0.CO;2-G
- D. Carreras, C. Imaz, R. Navajas, M. A. Garcia, C. Rodriguez, A. F. Rodriguez and R. Cortes, J. Chromatogr. A, 683, 195-202 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(94)89116-8
- A. De Groot and W. Koert, 'Ether and Nitrogen Derivatives', Het Anabolenboek, 2007.
- B. L. Bizec, F. Courant, I. Gaudin, E. Bichon, B. Destres, R. Schilt, R. Draisci, Monteau and F. Andre, Steroid, 71, 1078-1087 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2006.09.009
- W. Schänzer and M. Donike, Anal. Chim. Acta, 275, 23-48 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2670(93)80274-O
- R. Masse, C. Ayotte and R. Dugal, J. Chromatogr., 489, 23-50 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4347(00)82881-9
- R. Kazlauskas, 24th Cologne Workshop on Dope Analysis, Proceedings of the manfred Donike Workshop, Recent Advanceds in Doping Analysis, 14, 129-140 (2006).
- Metabolic studies of prostanozol with the uPA-SCID chimeric mouse model and human liver microsomes vol.107, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2016.01.005