- Volume 43 Issue 2
Antimicrobial Properties of Paper Treated with Acidic Liquid from Carbonized Rice Hull
왕겨초액 처리지의 항균 특성
- Min, Choon-Ki (Dept. of Distribution & Packaging, Yongin Songdam College) ;
- Jo, Joong-Yeon (Dept. of Distribution & Packaging, Yongin Songdam College) ;
- Shin, Jun-Sub (Dept. of Distribution & Packaging, Yongin Songdam College) ;
- Lee, Se-Eun (Korea Food Research Institute)
- Received : 2011.04.01
- Accepted : 2011.06.22
- Published : 2011.06.30
Antimicrobial activities of the Acidic Liquid originated from Carbonized Rice Hull(ALCRH) and the paper treated with ALCRH were investigated to apply ALCRH to functional paper products as a natural antimicrobial agent. ALCRH showed antimicrobial activity for bacteria and yeast, with higher performance for bacteria than for yeast. Antimicrobial activity was not developed on paper coated with ALCRH by bar coater probably due to the evaporation of antimicrobial compounds of ALCRH from the paper surface with time. Saturation of paper with ALCRH was essential to develop antimicrobial activity on the paper. Dipping paper in ALCRH solution was recommended as one of the effective ways to make antimicrobial paper.
Supported by : 용인송담대학, 농림부
- 이세은, 왕겨탄화 초액의 고부가가치 활용 기술 개발, 한국식품연구원 보고서 p. 33, 2010.
- Fujimaki, M., Kim. K. and Kurata, T., Analysis and comparison of flavor constituent in aqueous smoke condensate from various woods. Agri. Biol. Chem. 38, pp. 45-52, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.38.45
- 민춘기,조중연,신준섭, 과일봉지 제조용 첨가제로서 왕겨초액의 특성 분석, 한국펄프.종이공학회 2009년 춘계학술논문발표논문집, pp. 333-341, 2009.