- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Shear and CBR Characteristics of Dredge Soil-Bottom Ash-Waste Tire Powder-Mixed Lightweight Soil
준설토-저회-폐타이어 혼합경량토의 전단 및 CBR 특성
Kim, Yun-Tae;Kang, Hyo-Sub
- Received : 2011.03.18
- Accepted : 2011.06.20
- Published : 2011.06.30
This study investigated the shear and CBR characteristics of dredge soil-bottom ash-waste tire powder-mixed lightweight soil, which was developed to recycle dredged soil, bottom ash, and waste tire powder. Test specimens were prepared with various contents of waste tire powder ranging from 0 to 100% at 50% intervals by the weight of the dry dredged soil. Several series of triaxial compression tests and CBR tests were conducted. The shear strength characteristics of the lightweight soil were compared using two different shear tests (triaxial compression test and direct shear test). The experimental results indicated that the internal friction angle of the lightweight soil obtained by the direct shear tests was greater than that by the triaxial shear tests. However, the cohesion value obtained by the triaxial shear tests was greater than that by the direct shear tests. The CBR value of the lightweight soil decreased from 35% to 15% as waste tire powder content increased.
Recycling;Waste tire powder;Lightweight soil;Triaxial compression test;CBR test
- 건설교통부 (2005). 건설폐자재 재활용 도로 포장 지침-시멘트 콘크리트 재활용, 한국건설기술연구원
- 김영진, 강병희 (1998). "폐타이어를 이용한 지반동상 방지", 한국지반공학회 논문집, 제14권, 제1호, pp 49-58.
- 김용필, 송용선, 이광열, 장용채 (2000). 지반공학 시험범 및 응용, 세진사, pp 381-393.
- 김윤태, 강효섭 (2008). "유동성 뒷채움재인 폐타이어 혼합경량토에 대한 실험적 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제22권, 제5호, pp 112-118.
- 김윤태, 강효섭 (2009). "직접전단시험에 의한 폐타이어 혼합경량토의 전단특성 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제23권, 제3호, pp 20-29.
- 김홍택, 방윤경, 박사원, 윤기웅 (1996). "폐 EPS 조각 혼합경량토의 토질공학적 특성 연구", 대한토목학회 학술발표회논문집, pp 429-432.
- 서민우, 김범주, 하익수 (2009). "대형 직접전단시험과 대형 삼축압축시험에 의한 조립재료의 전단강도 비교", 한국지반환경공학회 논문집, 제10권, 제1호, pp 25-34.
- 한국도로공사 (2003). 도로공사표준시방서, 한국도로공사
- 한국산업규격 KS F 2320, 노상토 지지력비(CBR) 시험방법.
- KS F 2346 3축압축시험에서 점성토의 비압밀․비배수 강도 시험방법, 한국산업규격(KS)
- Foose, G., Benson, C. and Bosscher, P. (1996). "Sand Reinforced with Shredded Waste Tires", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol 122, No 9, pp 760-767. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1996)122:9(760)
- Jaturapitakkul, C. and Cheerarot, R. (2003). "Development of Bottom Ash as Pozzolanic Material", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol 15, No 1, pp 48-53. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2003)15:1(48)
- Lee, H.J., Salgado, R., Bernal, A., and Lovell, W.C. (1999). "Shredded Tires and Rubber-Sand as Lightweight Backfill", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol 125, No 2, pp 132-141. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1999)125:2(132)
- Lok, M.H., and Yu, H.J. (2006). "Laboratory Study on the Mechanical Behavior of Tire Chip-Sand Mixture", Pavement Mechanics and Performance (GSP 154), ASCE, pp 157-164.
- Kim, Y.T., Lee, C. and Park, H.I. (2011). Experimental Study on Engineering Characteristics of Composite Geomaterial for Recycling Dredged Soil and Bottom Ash, Marine Georesources & Geotechnology, 29 (1) pp. 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/1064119X.2010.514237
- Kim, Y.T., Ahn, J., Han,W.J., Gabr, M.A. (2010). Experimental Evaluation of Strength Characteristics of Stabilized Dredged Soil, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE. Vol. 22 No. 5, 539-544. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000052
- Masad, E., Taha, R., Ho, C., and Papagiannakis, T. (1996). "Engineering Properties of Tire/Soil Mixtures as a Lightweight Fill Material", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol 19, No 3, pp 297-304. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ10355J
- Tsuchida, T., and Egashira, K. (2004). The Lightweight Treated Soil Method, New Geomaterials for Soft Ground Engineering in Coastal Areas, A.A. Balkema Publisher, London.
- Zornberg, J.G., Cabral, A.R., and Viratjandr, C. (2004). "Behavior of Tire Shred-Sand Mixtures", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol 41, No 2, pp 227-241. https://doi.org/10.1139/t03-086
- Characteristics of Sedimentation and Consolidation for Song-Do Dredged Soil vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2014.14.5.371
Supported by : 한국연구재단