- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Plasticity and Fracture Behaviors of Marine Structural Steel, Part IV: Experimental Study on Mechanical Properties at Elevated Temperatures
조선 해양 구조물용 강재의 소성 및 파단 특성 IV: 고온 기계적 물성치에 관한 실험적 연구
Choung, Joon-Mo;Im, Sung-Woo;Park, Ro-Sik
- Received : 2011.03.18
- Accepted : 2011.06.20
- Published : 2011.06.30
This is the fourth of a series of companion papers dealing with the mechanical property reductions of various marine structural steels. Even though a reduction of the elastic modulus according to temperature increases has not been obtained from experiments, high temperature experiments from room temperature to
initial yield strength;tensile strength;elastic modulus;reduction factor;elevated temperature;high transition temperature;blast wall
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) (2004). E 8 - 04 Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) (2006). Recommended Practice 2FB: Design of Offshore Facilities Against Fire and Blast Loading.
- Bao, Y. and Wierzbicki, T. (2004). "On Fracture Locus in the Equivalent Strain and Stress Triaxiality Space", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol 46, pp 81-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2004.02.006
- British Standard (BS) (1990). BS 5950: Part 8. Code of practice for fire resistance design.
- Choung, J. (2009). "Comparative Studies of Fracture Models for Marine Structural Steels", Ocean Engineering, Vol 36, pp 1164-1174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2009.08.003
- Choung, J., Shim, C.S. and Kim, K.S. (2011a). "Plasticity and Fracture Behaviors of a Marine Structural Steel, Part I: Technical Backgrounds of Strain Hardening and Rate Hardening", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology (to be published).
- Choung, J., Shim, C.S. and Kim, K.S. (2011b). "Plasticity and Fracture Behaviors of a Marine Structural Steel, Part II: Theoretical Backgrounds of Fracture", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology (to be published).
- Choung, J., Shim, C.S. and Kim, K.S. (2011c). Plasticity and Fracture Behaviors of a Marine Structural Steel, Part III: Experimental Study on Failure Strain (to be published).
- European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) (1995). Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Part 1-2: General rules - Structural fire design (EN 1993-2-1). Brussels, Belgium. CEN
- Fire and Blast Information Group (FABIG) (1993). Technical Note on Fire Resistant Design of Offshore Topside Structures. FABIG.
- Health and Safety Executive (2001). Offshore Technology Report OTO 2001/020-Elevated Temperature and High Strain Rate Properties of Offshore Steels.
- Nemat-Nasser, S. and Guo, W.G. (2003). "Thermomechanical Response of DH-36 Structural Steel over a Wide Range of Strain Rates and Temperature", Mech. Mat., Vol 35, pp 1023-1047. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6636(02)00323-X
- The Steel Construction Institute (SCI) (1992). Interim Guidance Notes for the Design and Protection of Topside Structures against Explosion and Fire. SCI
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 울산대학교