- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Optimization of the Cam Profile of a Vacuum Circuit Breaker by Using Multibody Dynamics Techniques
다물체동역학기법을 이용한 진공 회로차단기의 캠윤곽 최적설계
- Jang, Jin-Seok (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Sohn, Jeong-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Wan-Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.12.01
- Accepted : 2011.04.26
- Published : 2011.07.01
Since the performance of a vacuum circuit breaker (VCB) mainly depends on the spring operating mechanism, an analysis of the spring operating mechanism is required in order to improve the design of a VCB. In this study, the static stiffness of the spring was determined by using a material testing machine, and the test results were used to model the spring through computer simulation. The multi-body dynamic model of the spring was established by using the RecurDyn program. The dynamic model was verified by comparing the results of stem displacements and rotating angles of the brake shaft obtained from the simulation and from the experiments. After verification of the dynamic model of VCB, the cam profile of the VCB was optimized through multi-body dynamics simulation in order to improve the performance of the closing mechanism.
Cam Profile Optimization;Vacuum Circuit Breaker;Multibody Dynamics
- Tsujiuchi, N., 1995, "Optimum Design for Dynamic Characteristic of VCB," Asua-Pacific Vib, Conf., pp.810-815.
- Ahn, K. Y. and Jeong, K. Y., 2004, "Optimization of The Spring Design Parameters of a Circuit Breaker for Satisfying Specified Dynamic Characteristics," Journal of the KSPE, Vol.21, No.3, pp.132-138.
- Pisano, A.P. and Freudenstein, F., 1983, "An Experimental Analytical Investigation of the Dynamic Response of High-Speed Cam-Follower System Part:2 A Combined, Lumped/Distributed Parameter Dynamic Model," Transaction, ASME-Journal of Mechanisms, Transmission, and Automation in Design, Vol. 105, pp. 699-704. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3258539
- FunctionBay, 2010, "RecurDyn V7R3 Advanced Training guide"
- Optimum Design of Latch Position and Latch Length on Operating Mechanism of a Circuit Breaker using ADAMS and VisualDOC vol.38, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1215