- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design Optimization of an Accumulator for Noise Reduction of Rotary Compressor
공조용 로터리 압축기 소음저감을 위한 어큐뮬레이터 최적설계
- Lee, Ui-Yoon (Digital Appliances Business, Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Bong-Joon (Digital Appliances Business, Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Bae (Digital Appliances Business, Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd.) ;
- Sung, Chun-Mo (Digital Appliances Business, Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Un-Seop (Digital Appliances Business, Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jong-Soo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.)
- 이의윤 (삼성전자 생활가전사업부) ;
- 김봉준 (삼성전자 생활가전사업부) ;
- 이정배 (삼성전자 생활가전사업부) ;
- 성춘모 (삼성전자 생활가전사업부) ;
- 이운섭 (삼성전자 생활가전사업부) ;
- 이종수 (연세대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2010.12.14
- Accepted : 2011.04.25
- Published : 2011.07.01
Recently, noise reduction in room air conditioners has been one of the important issues as well as cooling efficiency. The rotary compressor is the dominant noise source in an air conditioner. A number of studies have been conducted on reducing compressor noise through improving muffler and resonator design. However the noise from the accumulator, a noise delivering path between compressor and air conditioner, is not fully taken into consideration. The accumulator contains a large inner cavity, and usually generates additional resonance noise during operation. This paper aims to conduct an optimal design for reducing accumulator noise by maximizing the transmission loss within the target frequency range that represents high-order nonlinearity. Design of experiments and radial basis function neural network are used in the context of approximate meta-models, and genetic algorithm is used as an optimization tool.
Accumulator;Noise Reduction;Transmission Loss;Artificial Neural Network;Genetic Algorithm
- Johnson, C. N. and Hamilton, J. F., 1972, "Fractional Horsepower, Rotary Vane, Refrigerant Compressor Noise Study," Proc. of the 1972 Purdue Compressor Technology Conference, pp. 74-82.
- Wang S., Park J. and Kang J., 2004, "Boundary Element Analysis of the Muffler for the Noise Reduction of the Compressors," Proc. of KSNVE Autumn Conference, pp. 88-92.
- Sano, K., 1984, "Analysis of Hermetic Rolling Piston Type Compressor Noise and Counter Measurements," Proc. of 1984 International Compressor Conference at Purdue, pp. 242-250.
- Sano, K. and Noguchi, M., 1983, "Cavity Resonance and Noise Reduction in a Compressor," IEEE Trans, Vol. IA-19, No. 6, pp. 1118-1123. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1983.4504344
- Munjal, M. L., 1987, Acoustics of Ducts and Mufflers, John Wiley & Sons Inc, pp. 42-103.
- Kim, J. and Soedel, W., 1988, "Four Pole Parameters for Three Dimensional Cylindrical Cavity and Its Application to Muffler Analysis," Proc. of Noise-Con 88, National Conference on Noise Control Engineering, Purdue University, pp. 255-260.
- Noguchi, M. Sano, K. and Takeshita S., 1983, "Cavity Resonance and Noise Reduction in a Compressor," IEEE Trans, Vol. IA-19, No. 6, pp. 1118-1123.
- Kinsler, L. E., Frey, A. R., Coppens, A. B. and Sanders, J. B., 1980, Fundamentals of Acoustics, John Wiley & Sons Inc, pp. 225-245.
- MATLAB, The language of technical computing, Release 14, The Math Works Inc.
- i-sight, User Guide, Release 4.5, Dassault Systems.
- Uykan, Z. and Koivo, H. N., 2005, "Analysis of Augmented Input Layer RBFNN," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 364-369. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2004.841796
- Holland, J. H., 1992, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The MIT Press, pp. 32-118.
- Wang, G. G. and Shan, S., 2007, "Review of Metamodeling Techniques in Support of Engineering Design Optimization," Journal of Mechanical design, Vol. 129, No. 4, pp. 370-380. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2429697
- Chang J. D., Park N. H., Jung J. H. and Kim D., W., 1996, "Shape Optimal Design of Rotary Compressor Cylinder Using ANSYS," Proc. of KSME Autumn Conference, pp. 986-992.
- Vibration and Noise Analysis for Rotary Compressor in Medium-to-high Frequency Ranges vol.22, pp.11, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.11.1033