- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Trajectory Generation for a Biped Robot Using ELIPM
ELIPM을 이용한 이족보행로봇의 궤적생성
- Park, Goun-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Choi, See-Myoung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Jong-Hyeon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.12.15
- Accepted : 2011.04.13
- Published : 2011.07.01
Trajectory generation is important because it determines the walking stability, continuity, and performance of a body in motion. Generally, the Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode is used for trajectory generation; however, for the sake of simplicity, the trajectory in this mode does not allow vertical motions and pitching motions of the body. This paper proposes a new trajectory generation method called Extended Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode (ELIPM) that allows vertical motion as well as pitching motion. This method can also improve the performance of locomotion by controlling the stride and locomotion frequency of a body.
Biped Robot;Trajectory Generation;Inverted Pendulum Model
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- Kajita, S. and Tani, K., 1991, "Study of Dynamic Biped Locomotion on Rugged Terrain," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1405-1411.
- Kajita, S., Yamaura, T. and Kobayashi, A., 1992, "Dynamic Walking Control of a Biped Robot Along a Potential Energy Conserving Orbit," IEEE Transactions on Robotics & Automation, pp. 431-438.
- Park, J. H. and Son, B., 2008, "Speed Translation for Walking Biped Robots using LIPM," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Korea Society of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 876-881.
- Hirabayasho, T., Ugurlu, B., Kawamura, A. and Zhu, C., 2008, "Yaw Moment Compensation of Biped Fast Walking Using 3D Inverted Pendulum," IEEE Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 296-300.
- Zhu, C. and Kawamura, A., 2007, "Bipedal Walking Pattern Design Considering the Effect of Double Support Phase," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 883-888.
- Xiao-gang, R. and Zhi-qian, L., 2009, "A Bipedal Locomotion Planning with Double Support Phase Based on Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Systems, pp. 73-77.
- Motoi, N. and Suzuki, T., 2009, "A Biped Locomotion Planning Based on Virtual Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Electronics, pp. 56-61.
- Park, J. H. and Kim, K. D., 1998, "Biped Robot Walking Using Gravity-Compensated Inverted Pendulum Mode and Computed-Torque Control," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 3528-3533.
- Erbatur, K. and Seven, E., 2007, "An Inverted Pendulum Based Approach to Biped Trajectory Generation with Swing Leg Dynamics," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 216-221.