- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on the Material Characteristics of Mechanical Filters for Eliminating High-Frequency Noise in Accelerometer Measurements
가속도 측정에 있어 고주파 잡음 제거를 위한 기계적 필터의 재료 특성에 관한 실험적 연구
- Choi, Won-Yeong (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Seong-Yeol (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Cha, Ki-Up (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Noh, Myoung-Gyu (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- 최원영 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 유승열 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 차기업 (국방과학연구소) ;
- 김성수 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 노명규 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과)
- Received : 2010.12.20
- Accepted : 2011.04.21
- Published : 2011.07.01
Accelerometers are widely used to measure the lateral vibrations of pipe-like structures such as a gun tube under impulse loads. Stress waves that precede the lateral vibrations due to the explosion within a gun contribute little to the vibrations, but saturate the accelerometer input. A mechanical filter eliminates this high-frequency stress wave and only transmits the signal corresponding to the lateral vibrations. The mechanical filter consists of a mechanical structure for mounting the accelerometers and a damping material. The low-pass filter characteristics are determined from the equivalent damping and stiffness property of this damping material. In this paper, we tested nine commercially available damping materials for their vibration characteristics by using a test rig. We also observed the change in the vibration characteristics while compressing the material. We designed and manufactured a mechanical filter and verified its filtering performance.
Mechanical Filter;High-Frequency Noise Elimination;Accelerometer
Supported by : 국방과학연구소(ADD)
- Bornstein, J., Celmins, I., Plostins, P. and Schmidt, E. M., 1988, "Techniques for the Measurement of Tank Cannon Jump," Memorandum Report BRL-MR-3715, AD A201713, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- Cha, K., Ahn, S. and Hong, S., 2008, "A Study on the Effect of Lateral Motion of Barrel due to Projectile Motion," 16th Conference on Ground Weapons, Daejeon, Korea (in Korean).
- Ryu, B. and Koo, K., 2010, "Measurement of Vibration Signals of a Gun Barrel Type Structure Using Mechanical Filter," Trans. KIEE, Vol. 59, No. 4, pp. 440-443 (in Korean).
- Pilcher, J. O., 1982, "Acceleration Measurements in a High G Environment," American Control Conference, Arlington VA, USA, pp. 950-954.
- Methods of measuring the vibrations of a gun tube under impulse loads vol.25, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-0821-1