- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Uncertainty of Compressive Forces Acting on the Patella by Using Multi-Body Modeling and Muscle Mechanics
다물체 모델링과 근의 특성을 이용한 무릎뼈에 가해지는 압력의 불확실성 추정 연구
- NamGoong, Hong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Hong-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2011.01.17
- Accepted : 2011.04.20
- Published : 2011.07.01
The goal of this study is to estimate the force acting on the knee joint in the human body by using the Hilltype muscle model based on a musculoskeletal model of the human lower extremity in the sagittal plane. For estimating the force applied, the human leg is modeled using multi-body modeling. This leg model comprises biarticular muscles acting on two joints of the upper and lower limbs, and the muscles include some of the major muscles such as the hamstring. In order to analyze the uncertainty of the applied forces acting on the knee joint, statistical distributions of human body, leg part, parameters are required and to obtain the parameter's statistical characteristic of the part sample survey method is employed. Finally, by using the sensitivity information of the parameters, the force acting on the knee joint can be estimated.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Zajac, F. E., 1989, "Muscle and Tendon Properties Models Scaling and Application to Biomechanics and Motor," Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 359-411
- Kuo, A. D. and Zajac, F. E., 1993, "A Biomechanical Analysis of Muscle Strength as a Limiting Factor in Standing Posture," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 26, Suppl. 1, pp. 137-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(93)90085-S
- Delp, S.L., 1990, "A Computer-Graphics System to Analyze and Design Musculoskeletal Reconstructions of the Lower Limb," Stanford University, Ph. D. Thesis.
- Buchanan, T. S., Lylod, D. G., Manal, K., Besier, T. F., 2004, "Neuromusculoskeletal Modeling: Estimation of Muscle Forces and Joint Moments and Movements from Measurements of Neural Command," Journal of Applied Biomechanics, Vol. 20, pp. 367-395. https://doi.org/10.1123/jab.20.4.367
- Menegaldo, L. L., Fleury , A. de T., and H. I. Weber, 2003, "Biomechanical Modeling and Optimal Control of Human Posture," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 1701-1712. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(03)00170-2
- Menegaldo, L. L., Fleury , A. de T., and H. I. Weber, 2004, "Moment Arms and Musculotendon Lengths Estimation for a Three-Dimensional Lower Limb Model," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 1447-1453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2003.12.017
- Nam, Y. S., 2009, "Estimation of Muscle-Tendon Model Parameters Based on a Numeric Optimization," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 122-130.
- Vaughan, C. L., Davis, B. L., O'Connor, J. C., 1992, "Dynamics of Human Gait, 2nd Edition," Kiboho Publishers, South Africa.
- Choi, D. H., 2005, "Statistical Tolerance Analysis and Modal Analysis of Multibody Systems," Hanyang University, Ph. D. Thesis.