- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Prediction of the Performance Distributions and Manufacturing Yields of a MEMS Accelerometer
MEMS 가속도계의 성능분포 및 제조수율 예측
- Kim, Yong-Il (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Hong-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2011.01.24
- Accepted : 2011.04.27
- Published : 2011.07.01
All mechanical-system parameters have uncertainty, and this uncertainty directly affects system performances and results in a decrease in the manufacturing outputs. In particular, since the size of a MEMS system is extremely small, the manufacturing tolerances of a MEMS system are relatively large when compared to the tolerances of a macro-scale system. High manufacturing tolerances result from an increase in the uncertainty of the system parameters, thereby affecting the performances and manufacturing yields. In this paper, the performance uncertainty of a MEMS accelerometer due to system parameter uncertainty is analyzed by using several uncertainty analysis methods. Finally, the performance distributions and manufacturing yields of the MEMS accelerometer are predicted.
MEMS Accelerometer;Uncertainty;Sensitivity;Measurable Frequency Range;Performance Distribution;Manufacturing Yield
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yazdi, N., Ayazi, F. and Najafi, K., 1998, " Micromachined Inertial Sensors," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 86, No. 8, pp. 1640-1659. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.704269
- Roylance, L. M. and Angell, J. B., 1979, "A Batch-Fabricated Silicon Accelerometer," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. ED-26, No. 12, pp. 1895-1905.
- Rodulf F., 1983, "A Micromechanical Capacitive Accelerometer with a Two-point Inertial-Mass Suspension," Sensors and Actuators, Vol. 4, pp. 191-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/0250-6874(83)85024-0
- Kuehnel W. and Sherman S., 1994, "A Surface Micromachined Silicon Accelerometer with On-Chip Detection Circuitry," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 45, pp. 7-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(94)00815-9
- van Kampen R. P. and Wolffenbuttel R. F., 1998, "Modeling the Mechanical Behavior of Bulk-Micromachined Silicon Accelerometers," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 64, pp. 137-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(98)80007-1
- Wang, Q. M., Yang, Z., Li, F. and Smolinski, P., 2004, "Analysis of Thin Film Piezoelectric Microaccelerometer using Analytical and Finite Element Modeling," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 113, pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2004.02.041
- Puers, R. and Reyntjens, S., 1998, "Design and Processing Experiments of a New Miniaturized Capacitive Triaxial Accelerometer," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 68, pp. 324-328. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(98)00032-6
- Amarasinghe, R., Dao, D. V., Toriyama, T. and Sugiyama, S., 2007, "Development of Miniaturized 6-Axis Accelerometer Utilizing Piezoresistive Sensing Slements," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 134, pp. 310-320. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2006.05.044
- Eckhardt, R., 1987, Stan Ulam, John von Neumann, and the Monte Carlo method, Los Alamos Science Special Issue.
- Hasofer, A. M. and N. C. Lind, 1974, "Exact and Invariant Second Moment Code Format," Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 100, pp. 111-121
- Kim, B. S., Eom, S. M., Yoo, H. H., 2009, "Design Variable Tolerance on the Natural Frequency Variance of Constrained Multi-Body Systems in Dynamic Equilibrium," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 320, pp. 545-558. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.08.015
- Kim, Y. W. and Yoo, H. H., 2010, "Design of a Vibrating MEMS Gyroscope Considering Design Variable Uncertainties," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp.2175-2180. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-010-0904-4
- Rahman, S., Xu, H., 2004, "A Univariate Dimension-Reduction Method for Multi-Dimensional Integration in Stochastic Mechanics," Probablistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 19, pp. 393-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.probengmech.2004.04.003
- Youn, B. D., Xi, Z., Wang, P., 2008, "Eigenvector Dimension Reduction (EDR) Method for Sensitivity-Free Probability Analysis," Struct Multidisc Optim Vol. 37, pp. 13-28. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-007-0210-7
- Bao, M., 2000, Handbook of Sensors and Actuators Volume 8 Micro Mechanical Transducers: Pressure Sensors, Accelerometers and Gyroscopes. Elsevier.
- Development of intelligent fault diagnostic system for mechanical element of wind power generator vol.24, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.078