- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study of the Characteristics of Hydrogen-Gas Filling Process of Ultra-Light Composite Tanks for Fuel-Cell Vehicles
연료전지자동차용 초경량 복합재료 탱크의 수소 충전 특성 연구
- Yoo, Gye-Hyoung (Research and Development Center, ILJIN Composites Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Lyul (Research and Development Center, ILJIN Composites Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Taek-Su (Fuel Cell Core Technology Research Center, Jeonbuk Technopark) ;
- Lee, Joong-Hee (WCU Program, Department of BIN Fusion Technology, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.12.13
- Accepted : 2011.03.09
- Published : 2011.07.01
In this research, we investigated the hydrogen-gas filling characteristics of ultra-light composite tanks that have a plastic or aluminum liner inside the composite shell. The study was performed for different gas and tank temperatures. The temperature changes at various positions in the Type-4 tank during hydrogen-gas filling were monitored in order to understand the effects of the filling conditions. The results were compared with those obtained for a Type-3 tank. As the filling speed was increased, a quicker temperature rise was observed, and the temperature distribution over the entire region showed significant discrepancies.
Fuel-Cell Vehicle;Ultra-Light Composite Tank;Hydrogen Gas Filling
- James, B. D., Baum, G. N., Lomax, F. D., Thomas, C. E. and Kuhn, I., 1996, "Comparison of Onboard Hydrogen Storage for Fuel Cell Vehles," Task 4.2 Final Report under Subcontract 47-2-R31148, U.S. DOE.
- Dicken, C. J. B. and M´erida,W., 2007, "Measured Effects of Filling Time and Initial Mass on the Temperature Distribution Within a Hydrogen Cylinder During Refuelling," Journal of Power Sources, p. 325.
- Monde, M., Mitsutake, Y, Woodfield, P. L. and Maruyama S., 2007, "Characteristics of Heat Transfer and Temperature Rise of Hydrogen During Rapid Hydrogen Filling at High Pessure," Heat Transfer-Asian Research, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 13-14. https://doi.org/10.1002/htj.20140
- ISO/TS 15869:2009, 2009, Gaseous Hydrogen and Hydrogen Blends - Land Vehicle Fuel Tanks, p. 6.
- Lee, T. S., 2009, A Study on the Characteristics of Fast Filling and Venting of Hydrogen Gas of the Carbon Fiber/Epoxy Composite Type 4 High Pressure Vessel, Thesis for Master's Degree, Chonbuk National Univ.
- Simulation and Experimental Investigation of Reverse Drawing Process for Manufacture of High-Capacity Aluminum Liner vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7842/kigas.2016.20.4.78