- Volume 35 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Current-Collection Performance of a High-Speed Train Using Finite Element Analysis Method
유한 요소 해석 기법을 이용한 고속 철도 차량의 집전 성능 해석
- Jung, Sung-Pil (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Park, Tae-Won (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Guk (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Chan-Kyoung (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Paik, Jin-Sung (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2011.01.18
- Accepted : 2011.04.12
- Published : 2011.07.01
In this study, a simulation model to estimate the current-collection performance of a high-speed train was developed by using a commercial finite element analysis software, SAMCEF. A three-dimensional springDdamperDmass model of a pantograph was created, and its reliability was validated by comparing the receptance of the model to that of the actual pantograph. The wave propagation speed of the catenary model was compared with the analytical wave propagation speed of the catenary system presented in the UIC 799 OR standard. The length of the droppers was controlled, and the pre-sag of the contact wire due to gravity was considered. The catenary and the pantograph were connected by using a contact element, and the contact force variation when the pantograph was moved at velocities of 300 km/h and 370 km/h was obtained. The average, standard deviation, maximum, and minimum values of the contact force were analyzed, and the effectiveness of the developed simulation model was examined.
Dynamic Simulation Model;Current Collection Performance;High Speed Train;Pantograph;Catenary
- Lee, J., 1992, "Analysis of Catenary-Pantograph Motion by Green's Function," Transactions of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 1438-1445.
- European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization EN 50119:2001, 2001, Railway Applications-Fixed Installations-Electric Traction Overhead Contact Line.
- Cho, Y. H., 2008, "Numerical Simulation of Railway Pantograph-Overhead Contact Line Dynamics Considering Dropper Nonlinearity and Contact Wire Pre-sag," Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul National University, pp.1-6.
- Wu, T. X. and Brennan, M. J., 1998, "Basic Analytical Study of Pantograph-Catenary System Dynamics," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 30, pp. 443-456. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423119808969460
- Seo, J. H., Jung, I. H., Park, T. W., Mok, J. Y., Kim, Y. G. and Kim, S. W., 2005, "Dynamic Analysis of a Pantograph-Cartenary System for High-Speed Train," J. Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.22, No.1, pp.152-159.
- Seo, J. H., Kim, S. W., Jung, I. H., Park, T. W., Mok, J. Y., Kim, Y. G. and Chai, J. B., 2006, "Dynamic Analysis of a Pantograph-Cartenary System Using Absolute Nodal Coordinates," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.44, No.8, pp.615-630. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110500373721
- Shabana, A. A., 2005, "Dynamics of Multibody Systems, 3rd Edition," Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp.309-342.
- Rauter, F. G., Pombo, J., Ambrosio, J., Chalansonnet, J., Bobillot A. and Pereira, M. S., 2007, "Contact Model for the Pantograph-Cartenary Interaction," Journal of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.1, No.3, pp.447-457. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsdd.1.447
- Pombo, J., Ambrosio, J., Pereira, M., Rauter, F., Collina, A. and Facchinetti, A., 2009, "Influence of the Aerodynamic Forces on the Pantograph-Catenary System for High-Speed Trains," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.47, No.11, pp.1327-1347. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802613402
- Cho, Y. H., 2008, "Numerical Simulation of the Dynamic Responses of Railway Overhead Contact Lines to a Moving Pantograph, Considering a Nonlinear Dropper," Journal of Sound and Vibration, No.315, pp.433-454.
- Cho, Y. H., Lee, K. W., Park, Y., Kang, B. Y., 2010, "Influence of Contact Wire Pre-Sag on the Dynamics of Pantograph-Railway Catenary," International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 52, pp. 1471-1490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2010.04.002
- Samcef user's manual ver.7.3, 2010, SAMTECH.
- Mei, G., Zhang, W., Zhao, H. and Zhang, L., 2006, "A Hybrid Method to Simulate the Interaction of Pantograph and Catenary on Overlap Span," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.44, supplement, pp.571-580. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110600875559
- Ewins, D. J., 2000, "Modal Testing - Theory, Practice and Application, 2nd Edition," Research Studies Press Ltd., England, pp.236-238.
- Cho, Y. H., et al, 2009, "Measurement of the Air Resistance Coefficient and Analysis of the Following Performance of the Pantograph," Technical report, Korea Railway Research Institute.
- Jung, S. P., Park, T. W., Jun, K. J., Yoon, J. W., Lee, S. H. and Chung, W. S., 2009, "A Study on the Optimization Method for a Multi-Body System Using the Response Surface Analysis," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.23, pp.950-953. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-0319-2
- Performance evaluation and design optimization using differential evolutionary algorithm of the pantograph for the high-speed train vol.26, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0833-5
- Analysis of the Major Design Parameters of a Pantograph-Railway Catenary System for Improving the Current Collection Quality vol.17, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.1.7