- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
High Performance Barrier Technologies for Tire Innerliner
타이어 인너라이너용 고차단화 기술
- Kang, Yong-Gu (Research Department of R&D Center, NEXEN Tire Co.) ;
- Lee, Seong-Peal (Research Department of R&D Center, NEXEN Tire Co.) ;
- Han, Min-Hyun (Research Department of R&D Center, NEXEN Tire Co.)
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2011.05.04
- Published : 2011.06.30
The innerliner for a tire has excellent impermeability, air retention and good flex properties. The innerliner offers a role to improve performance parameter, such as air retention and tire durability that is of praricular importance for commercial tires. In order to improve the gas barrier properties of a innerliner, most of the innerliner rubbers, such as a halogenated butyl rubber(HIIR), brominated poly(isobutylene-co-isoprene)(BIIR), brominated polyisobutylene-co-paramethylstyrene(BIMS) are used as nanocomposites with nano fillers such as silicates, graphite etc. Innerliners based on nanocomposites may allow gauge adjustments and permeability reductions with potential improvement in tire durability. This article discusses potential innerliner permeablity reduction and compounding parameters on the properties of nanocomposite based innerliners.
- R.F. Ohm, "The Vanderbilt Rubber Handbook", R.T. Vanderbilt Company, Norwalk (1990).
- L.K. Massey, "Permeability Properties of Plastics and Elastomers", Plastic Design Library, New York (2003).
- E.P Giannelis, R. Krishnamoorti, and E. Manias, Adv. Poly. Sci., 118, 108 (1999).
- A.H. Tsou, "Morphology and Property of Nylon BIMSM DVA Innerliner Material", The 169th technical meeting, Rubber Division, ACS, May 8-10 (2006).
- D.S. Tracey and A.H. Tsou, Rubber World, September 17-21 (2007).
- M. Alexandre and P. Dubois, Mater. Sci. Eng., 28, 1 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-796X(00)00012-7
- A. Usuki, M. Kawasumi, Y. Kojima, Y. Fukushima, A. Okada, T. Kuraushi, and Kamigaito, O. J. Mater. Res., 8, 1179 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1557/JMR.1993.1179
- T. Lan and T.J. Pinnavaia, Chem. Mater., 6, 2216 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm00048a006
- R.A. Vaia and E.P. Giannelis, Macromolecules, 30, 7990 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma9514333
- M. Kato, A. Tsukigase, H. Tanaka, A. Usuki, and I. Inai, J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 44, 1182 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1002/pola.21233
- M. Maiti, S. Sadhu, and A. K. Bhowmick, J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys. 42, 4489 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1002/polb.20264