- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Technique Status of Carbon Fibers-reinforced Composites for Aircrafts
항공기용 탄소섬유강화 복합재료의 기술동향
- Kim, Ki-Seok (Department of Chemistry, Inha University) ;
- Park, Soo-Jin (Department of Chemistry, Inha University)
- Received : 2011.05.12
- Accepted : 2011.05.24
- Published : 2011.06.30
Recently, the need of new materials which have excellent physical properties and functional characteristics has been increased in all industries. In particular, body weight reduction via new materials in aerospace industry was significantly emphasized by the requirement of environmental protection through the fuel savings and reduction of greenhouse gas, i.e., carbon dioxide(
- D. H. Middleton, "Composite materials in aircraft structures", John Wiely, New York, 1990.
- G. Savage, I. Bomphray, and M. Oxley, "Exploiting the fracture properties of carbon fibre composites to design lightweight energy absorbing structures", Eng. Failur Anal., 11, 677 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2004.01.001
S. J. Park and M. K. Seo, "The effects of
$MoSi_2$on the oxidation behavior of carbon/carbon composites", Carbon, 39, 1229 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(00)00248-7
- I. Shyha, S. L. Soo, D. Aspinwall, and S. Bradley, "Effect of laminate configuration and feed rate on cutting performance when drilling holes in carbon fibre reinforced plastic composites", J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 210, 1023 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2010.02.011
- Z. Zhang and K. Friedrich, "Artificial neural networks applied to polymer composites: a review", Compos. Sci. Technol., 63, 2029 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-3538(03)00106-4
- K. S. Kim, Y. S. Shim, B. J. Kim, L. Y. Meng, S. Y. Lee, and S. J. Park, "Present status and applications of carbon fibers- reinforced composites for aircrafts", Carbon Lett., 11, 23 (2010).
- X. Zhang, X. Pei, and Q. Wang, "Friction and wear properties of combined surface modified carbon fabric reinforced phenolic composites", Eur. Polym. J., 44, 2551 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2008.06.013
- C. A. Mahieux, "Cost effective manufacturing process of thermoplastic matrix composites for the traditional industry: the example of carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic flywheel", Compos. Structure, 52, 517 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8223(01)00041-1
- M. S. Ha, O. Y. Kwon, and H. S. Choi, "Improved electrical conductivity of CFRP by conductive nano-particles coating for lightning strike protection", J. Korean Soc. Compos. Mater., 23, 31 (2010).
- J. B. Donnet and R. C. Bansal, "Carbon Fibers", Marcel Dekker, New York, 1990.
- A. Mahoon, "The role of non-destructive testing in the airworthiness certification of civil aircraft composite structures", Composites, 19, 229 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-4361(88)90241-8
- C. Soutis, "Fibre reinforced composites in aircraft construction", Prog. Aerospace Sci., 41, 143 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paerosci.2005.02.004
- S. J. Lewis, "The use of carbon fibre composites on military aircraft", Compos. Manufacturing, 5, 95 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-7143(94)90060-4
- F. A. Fisher, J. A. Plumer, and R. A. Perala, "Aircraft lightning protection handbook", Federal Aviation Administration, 1989.
- M. S. Ha, O. Y. Kwon, and H. S. Choi, "Improved electrical conductivity of CFRP by conductive silver nano-particles coating for lightning strike protection", ICCM-17, England, Edinburgh, 27-31 July 2009.
- J. D. Achenbach, "QNDE and SHM for commercial aircraft", Seminar at Korean Air R&D Center, 19 May 2009.
- H. Speckmann and C. Brousset, "Structural health monitoring(SHM), A future alternative to conventional NDT?", ATA's 49th NDT Forum, Fort Worth, 16-19 October 2006, pp.20.
- W. Staszewski, C. Boller, and G. Tomlinson, "Health monitoring of aerospace structures smart sensor technologies and signal processing", John Wiley & Sons, 2004.