- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Type of Different Polyols for Physical Properties of Polyurethane Foam Under Sea Water
해수에서 폴리올 종류가 폴리우레탄 폼의 물성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Sang-Bum (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- 김상범 (경기대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2011.05.13
- Accepted : 2011.06.17
- Published : 2011.06.30
Rigid polyurethane foam (PUF) was synthesized with different contents of aliphatic polyester polyol, aromatic polyester polyol and aliphatic polyether polyol to know change of properties under sea water. UTM(universal testing machine), DSC(differential scanning calorimetry), hardness meter and FT-IR(Fourier transform spectroscopy) were used to study the PUF`s physical properties under sea water. Compressive strength and hardness of PUF decreased with increasing the content of aromatic polyester polyol under sea water as aging. According to the results of IR spectral analysis, reduction of urethane and urea peak was found and allophanate and biuret peak increased. Although glass transition temperature of PUF increased, mechanical properties of PUF decreased under sea water, because PUF gets brittle when crosslink density increase.
Supported by : 경기대학교
- S. H. Choi, "Polyol for Polyurethane and Foam", Polym. Sci. Technol., 10, 621 (1999).
- G. Oertel, "Polyurethane Handbook", chap. 2, Hanser Publisher, New York (1993).
- G. Woods, "The ICI Polyurethanes Handbook", John Wiley & Sons, 2nd ed., New York (1990).
- E. Kontou, G. Spathis, M. Niaounakism, and V. Kefalas, "Physical and chemical cross-linking effects in polyurethane elastomers", Collid. Polym. Sci., 268, 636 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01410405
- H C. Jung, S. J. Kang, W. N. Kim, S. B. Kim, Y. B. Lee, and S. H. Hong, "Studies on the Morphology and Thermal Properties of the Polyurethane Synthesized from 4, 4' Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate (MD I) and Polyester Polyol", KIGAS, 2, 59 (1998).
- H. F. Mark, N. M. Bikales, C. G. Overberger, and G. Menges, "Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Engineering", John Wiley & Sons, 2nd Ed. 13 (1988).
- J. H. Saunder and K. C. Frisk, "Polyurethanes; Chemistry and Technology", Interscience Publishers, New York, vol 1 (1964).
- V. A. Vilensky and Y. S. Lipatov, "A Criterion for Microphase Separation in Segmented Polyurethane and Polyurethane Ureas", Polymer, 35, 3069 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(94)90421-9
- C. Hepburn, "Polyurethane Elastomers", Elsevier Science, New York (1992).
- Y. Camberlin and J. P. Pacult, "Quantitative DSC evaluation of phase segregation rate in linear segmented polyurethanes and polyurethaneureas", J. Polym. Sci. Polym Chem. Ed., 21. 415 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1002/pol.1983.170210211
- K. B. Wagener, J.r. Matayabas, J. C., and S. Wanigatunga, "Quantitative study of microphase separation. Pivalolactoneblock- oxyethylene oligomers: effect of soft-segment length", Macromolecules, 22, 3211 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00198a004
- T. O. Ahn, S. U. Jung, H. M. Jeong, and S. W. Lee, "Tng, H. M. JePolyurethanes with Mixed Chain Extenders and Mixed Soft Segments", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 51, 43 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1994.070510105
- S. S. Kim and J. N. Park, "Industrial Application of Polyurethane", Polym. Sci. Technol., 10, 614 (1999).
- Y. B. Lee, S. H. Choi, and G. H. Choi., "Characteristics of Rigid Polyurethane Foams Blown by HFCs for LNG Storage Tank", KIGAS, 9, 16 (2005).
- K. Kolat, G. Neser, and C. Ozes, "The effect of sea water exposure on the interfacial fracture of some sandwich systems in marine use", Composite Structures, 78, 11 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2006.01.009
- M. Rutkowska, K. Krasowska, A. Heimowska, I. Steinka, and H. Janik, "Degradation of polyurethanes in sea water", Polym. Deg. Stab., 76, 233 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-3910(02)00019-8
- S. K. Kang, I. S. Choi, and S. B. Kim, "Effect of Isocyanate Index on the Physical Properties of Rigid Polyurethane Foam under Sea Water", J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem, 19, 427 (2008).
- Pretsch, T. and Muller, W.W, "Shape memory poly(ester urethane) with improved hydrolytic stability", Polym. Deg. Stab., 95. 5, (2010).
- G. B. Kistiakowsky and Arthur J. Rosenberg, "The Kinetics of Urea Hydrolysis by Urease", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 74, 20 (1952). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01121a005